Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the 2019 CVT and have been very pleased with my mileage. My exagometer averages 3-4 over actual calculated. Got the car Dec 29 2018 and this is what I have done so far. My commute is an easy 20 min 16 mile 3 light :) ( i know awesome! used to be a 50 mile nightmare DC beltway) I'll be taking a trip to Canada in July. Really looking forward to see what kind of sustained all highway I will get. the 32 and 34 had significant highway cruising mixed in with regular driving.
27.6, 28, 27.3, 27.3, 27.7, 29, 30.6, 28.9, 29.6, 34.7, 28.4, 32.3, 31.1

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the 2019 CVT and have been very pleased with my mileage. My exagometer averages 3-4 over actual calculated. Got the car Dec 29 2018 and this is what I have done so far. My commute is an easy 20 min 16 mile 3 light :) ( i know awesome! used to be a 50 mile nightmare DC beltway) I'll be taking a trip to Canada in July. Really looking forward to see what kind of sustained all highway I will get. the 32 and 34 had significant highway cruising mixed in with regular driving.
27.6, 28, 27.3, 27.3, 27.7, 29, 30.6, 28.9, 29.6, 34.7, 28.4, 32.3, 31.1
forgot to add "pencil, paper, calculator"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wanna give y'all a little secret here.. Premium fuel.. Yes its one of those "its a waste" sayings. But in our case (mine was the pinging engine) I put premium in and I noticed I gained 3-4mpg from it. I also have more power in the lower range.

The gains have been consistent over quite a few tanks and they are doing uber in the city.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
:smileyvault-popcorn

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wanna give y'all a little secret here.. Premium fuel.. Yes its one of those "its a waste" sayings. But in our case (mine was the pinging engine) I put premium in and I noticed I gained 3-4mpg from it. I also have more power in the lower range.

The gains have been consistent over quite a few tanks and they are doing uber in the city.
I can see the reduction in pinging (although I don't know why you are hearing it in the first place) but, if premium fuel and regular fuel have fundamentally the same energy content, I don't know why your mileage went up and actual acceleration has increased. Maybe your engine computer is different and doing something creatively.

Not a useful piece of information but in the trips over the Tioga Pass (9,943 ft) pulling our 900 pound trailer my mileage didn't change when I tried filling up with premium in Mono Lake. My Subaru didn't feel any different although I don't really have a quantitative way to measure that feel.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts