Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
How did the custom sun visor come out? Interested to see.
NO shops in town would do it. Sucks. I even showed them the pictures and how it would be "compliant". TBH, I might just find someone to tint the whole windshield. I hate eyesight anyways ;)

I am certain someone will do it off the books when I flash some green backs at em.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
703 Posts
I'll be getting a 5th wheel mount here soon. Still unsure if I want the rear hitch version or a roof rack version. Most likely roof rack to keep the rear backup cam available and not have to move anything around.
Does anyone make a streamlined roof box just large enough for a tire/wheel assembly along with a few tools?

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
102 Posts
NO shops in town would do it. Sucks. I even showed them the pictures and how it would be "compliant". TBH, I might just find someone to tint the whole windshield. I hate eyesight anyways ;)

I am certain someone will do it off the books when I flash some green backs at em.
I had the same problem until this local guy (there is no tint shops in my area at all, have to drive 2 hours away for one, small town. Didn’t even know he exists because he doesn’t have a ‘business’ tinting) that does tinting vehicles on the side agreed to do it for me. I was honestly so amazed on how great the tint came out and he don’t even have a business doing it. The guy I first went to that has a business tinting did such a **** job. He was hesitant at first due to Eyesight but I assured him if anything goes wrong it’s on me. I’ve had 4 cars re-tinted because his work is amazing and he uses the best of the best ceramic tint. I’m sure those certain places that declined would do it! They just don’t want to be liable if something goes wrong. Tell them you’ll sign a waiver if need be. You’re right! Money talks. get it done and report back! You’ll love it!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Does anyone make a streamlined roof box just large enough for a tire/wheel assembly along with a few tools?
I found a couple like this:

Not sure if that is the streamline you are looking for, but I want something with a wind deflector up front. I plan on getting a large tuff box and my tire up there. Possibly. At least the tire.

I had the same problem until this local guy (there is no tint shops in my area at all, have to drive 2 hours away for one, small town. Didn’t even know he exists because he doesn’t have a ‘business’ tinting) that does tinting vehicles on the side agreed to do it for me. I was honestly so amazed on how great the tint came out and he don’t even have a business doing it. The guy I first went to that has a business tinting did such a **** job. He was hesitant at first due to Eyesight but I assured him if anything goes wrong it’s on me. I’ve had 4 cars re-tinted because his work is amazing and he uses the best of the best ceramic tint. I’m sure those certain places that declined would do it! They just don’t want to be liable if something goes wrong. Tell them you’ll sign a waiver if need be. You’re right! Money talks. get it done and report back! You’ll love it!
Good point, I never thought to bring up the waiver part. Maybe I'll swing by today.

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Aust)
227 Posts
You might want to try and run a wind noise test before you throw it in the roof. Try a temp setup. I can’t say I’ve had a wheel on the roof, but similar large items I’ve had and it is a bit noisy on the highway. But the wind sound may not bother you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
You might want to try and run a wind noise test before you throw it in the roof. Try a temp setup. I can’t say I’ve had a wheel on the roof, but similar large items I’ve had and it is a bit noisy on the highway. But the wind sound may not bother you.
Is it just because there is zero sound dampening up there? Going through the car wash is like someone trying to recreate thunder for a movie scene, is that the kind of wind noise I can expect? Cuz if so.... that's a big no go for me. But even with the "wind deflector" they are still noisy? How would you recommend a temp setup?

·
Registered
Subaru XV 2021 2.0i-S (Aust)
227 Posts
By temporary I just mean strap the tyre securely to roof racks to try it out before you go for any investment in roof top additions.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts