Discussion Starter #1
Modification List
2013 Wht XV Premium

-Subaru mesh grille
-Subaru hood deflector

-Thule Kayak Pro (folding system)
-Thule Bike Rack
-Thule Aero Bars
-Thule air deflector (custom installed; not available for Aero Bars unfortunately)

-Matte Black Plasti dip list (lol, love this stuff now)
--Tail light covers
--Emblems (removed 'CROSSTREK' & 'AWD'
--Fog lights covers (RT side removed in picture)
--Front tow access panel
--Door handles

-LED License plate lights
-LED cabin lights
-8in 5% windshield tint strip

Question for the masses, should I install the larger spoiler???

If you have any questions please PM me.

IMG_1153.jpg IMG_1161.jpg IMG_1169.jpg IMG_1171.jpg IMG_1163.jpg

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm not a fan of the spoiler on most colors of the XV, personally. I say look at plenty of pictures of XVs with it in the same color as yours and base your decision on that.

Also I don't know what all you carry on your roof rack - obviously a kayak and bikes - but the spoiler can interfere with your rear clearance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks coletrain, those handles were a pain; the handles could be a bit better, but they will do for the time being. Wfhan, what close ups would you like to see?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I like the fact that you are customizing your ride. Very cool!

Personally, I generally don't comment on whether I like or dislike a certain thing someone does.

I make my living building custom motorcycles, hot rod motors, and general customizing and fabbing custom parts. All of what I do is about helping people realize their dream machines. Their dreams are not mine, and as things get more and more personal, they become less mainstream and appeal to fewer people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gday Dash

like the look of your roof bars. Ive just bought a 2011 impreza XV and am wanting to get a kayak rack for my Mirage 580 sea kayak. I do park in an undercover car park at work and was wondering what sort of kayak you have on your racks and have you had any clearance issues with it?

thanks

Marty

·
Registered
243 Posts
well said bignick!

I like the fact that you are customizing your ride. Very cool!

Personally, I generally don't comment on whether I like or dislike a certain thing someone does.

I make my living building custom motorcycles, hot rod motors, and general customizing and fabbing custom parts. All of what I do is about helping people realize their dream machines. Their dreams are not mine, and as things get more and more personal, they become less mainstream and appeal to fewer people.

·
Registered
243 Posts
your clearance should be fine with rear wing. it looks like it will not be above your crossbars. i like look on mine. i think it will give a good look on your setup

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the spoiler on my 14 Orange. Plenty of clearance with the Subaru OEM aero bars and Thule Kayak rack no prob. Love the mods, simple yet looks good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts