Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benny,
Ever consider a "kit" of all the parts needed to put signal lights in the mirrors on cars not equipped (like the XV non-hybrid)?

There might be some interest here on the site

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
I think the hardest thing for a kit for this would be getting the upgraded wiring harness (or the connectors to upgrade the harness) to what's needed. The rest of it is basically Subaru parts (except the paint of course).

308 Posts
So first thing I would need to look into this would be 2 VIN's , One with the option and one without.

Adding the lamps themselves require new mirror caps as well, Unfortunately these caps do not come pre-painted. I have a good feeling that the door harness' are the same but the VIN's will tell for sure. I dont see any currently on Ebay but I will keep looking.

-Benny

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also would be interested in the kit. Where is it available? Or do we just get the individual parts and install them. As for the wiring, I would imagine that the connectors are already there. Isn't the Impreza wired for the side mirror turn signals?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I also would be interested in the kit. Where is it available? Or do we just get the individual parts and install them. As for the wiring, I would imagine that the connectors are already there. Isn't the Impreza wired for the side mirror turn signals?
There is some good info here regarding this. The wiring is seems to be the most difficult part.

http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/...-turn-indicators-sourcing-wiring-harness.html

Signal lens Signal lens W/TURN LAMPS Right 84401AJ000
Signal lens Signal lens W/TURN LAMPS Left 84401AJ010
Cover 91059AJ200
Cover 91059AJ210
Signal lens screw QTY 4 91039AJ500 (sold in each)

·
Registered
149 Posts
So first thing I would need to look into this would be 2 VIN's , One with the option and one without.

Adding the lamps themselves require new mirror caps as well, Unfortunately these caps do not come pre-painted. I have a good feeling that the door harness' are the same but the VIN's will tell for sure. I dont see any currently on Ebay but I will keep looking.

-Benny
Benny, You can use the VIN numbers i sent to you. One of them is for a Hybrid and it has that feature. the other VIN does not.

308 Posts
There is some good info here regarding this. The wiring is seems to be the most difficult part.

http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/...-turn-indicators-sourcing-wiring-harness.html

Signal lens Signal lens W/TURN LAMPS Right 84401AJ000
Signal lens Signal lens W/TURN LAMPS Left 84401AJ010
Cover 91059AJ200
Cover 91059AJ210
Signal lens screw QTY 4 91039AJ500 (sold in each)
Great info but I am still not clear where the OP made the connection, Was it in the door harness?

EDIT: So it is built into the door harness connector, Apparently there is someone who is making the connector although not required. Good Info

-Benny

·
Registered
143 Posts
please let us know if the harness can be purchased through Subaru, I know there are a lot of forum members even from the Impreza community that are very interested in this.

308 Posts
please let us know if the harness can be purchased through Subaru, I know there are a lot of forum members even from the Impreza community that are very interested in this.
Well its been established that the harness is in the door. In order to have a plug and play system the entire mirror assembly would be required rather than just the lamp components described above. If you are interested please let me know.

-Benny

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Sport 6 MT
3,340 Posts
Pictures Please to show others what the process looks like( installation,and the finished product ) Should prove to be a great Mod :icon_lol:

Thanks again the Richard/ Benny for your help

Troutbum

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Sport, Sunshine Orange
81 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But can anyone confirm if this information can be transferred to the 2018+ models?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts