Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '16 Crosstrek Limited with the 7" Nav unit. The maps do not automatically change to night color. Anybody know how I can fix this? I can't find any setting to turn on. When I look at the screen that shows the sunrise and sunset map, it appears correct, but my location is not flagged on the map. If I'm reading the manual correctly, my location should be indicated on the map.

I tried going through the setup procedure again, but that didn't help. The only way I can change to night colors is if I change the daylight color scheme to use the night colors, then change it back again when I need the maps during daylight. This is obviously not the way it's supposed to work. Any suggestions?

- FiL

·
Registered
42 Posts
This happened to me when i first bought the car too.. The cabin light dimmer (on the left of the steering wheel next to the traction control) is turned all the way up. when you go to dim it, it will click. Turn it all the way down then all the way back up just before the click and everything will dim with the lights on but will still be as bright as possible with the lights off . I take it your dash isn't dimming when the lights go on either.

I believe all the way up is for when you have your lights on during the day and are struggling to see the maps.

Weird that its not a setting on the head unit.. figured it out by trial and error.. it was driving me nuts too because it is so bright at night without it dimming

·
Registered
83 Posts
I appreciated this tip, too. Fixed my same “problem.” Thanks, Dvo85.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts