Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda wanna lower mine an inch. I haven't seen anything yet as to how.

Anybody know what's involved? Coil-overs?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Zap,

If you do it, make a thread with info/parts used, etc. There were ppl that did and wanted to lower their 2012-2017 Crosstreks, most of the threads were filled with "difference of opinion" (I'm being nice...) responses. Totally not helpful for people that actually want to go through with lowering their Crosstrek correctly...,...,...meaning not tearing the car up because it's lowered. There is info in the threads, but it's laborious digging through crap posts to find it.
Anyways, I like the lowered Crosstreks and I don't really care what anyone else thinks of it. I wish there were a lot more people that have/want to do it. One of these days (idk when) there's going to be a thread pop up about my lowered Crosstrek and what I did to get it there.
I haven't read up on or know much about the new "global" platform that's now being used, but it may just be a lot easier to do on the 2018+ than it was/is for the people that own 2012-2017s...,...,...more compatibility, etc.
If that's the route you want to go, I say DO IT! Dig around for info, call some places & post up for the community when you do find out what works.

Randall

·
Registered
441 Posts
I thought this was a fat joke directed at me!

Please post pics if and when you get this done. I'm curious as to how the wheels will look when the dead cat space is closed up a bit.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've owned some 15-16 lifted Subarus. The only time I've ever "lowered" one of my Subarus is when I put 2001 RS struts/springs under a 2000 L impreza to make it a clone.

I've always done my own thing with my Subarus, I put up with the bs from NASIOC waaaaaay back before it was posh and cool to lift and off road your Subaru. It really doesn't bother me what folks think of what I do with my Subarus.

With that said, I have a list of things I want to do to my vehicles before I spend cash to change the Crosstrek. But I am curious about what is involved in lowering the Crosstrek an inch or so to take away some of that gap. I am completely uninterested in "Offroading" this Crosstrek, it's just too pretty. That and 1 inch of clearance won't buy me much off road.

My Jeep is next in line, I have about 3k worth of plans for her.

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on. This gives some details. Though that's pretty low... hmm.

How'd you do it? Coilovers or WRX swap?

permalinkembedsave
Wrx swap. I will eventually get coilovers.

permalinkembedsaveparent
How negative is your camber because of that? Does it affect performance?

permalinkembedsaveparent
I am running -1.5 on the front which is intentional for autocross this season. The rear is at -3 which I will get control arms to bring it more into spec.

·
Vendor
38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what coilovers would be compatible with the 2018?
I personally love the way the slammed crosstrek looks

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was thinking that lowering my car in summer when I'm towing the tent trailer and lifting it in the winter to get over snow would be nifty. I am just not sure that it's possible.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking that lowering my car in summer when I'm towing the tent trailer and lifting it in the winter to get over snow would be nifty. I am just not sure that it's possible.
If there are adjustable coil overs then maybe. But that would probably make for a pretty stiff ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now what?

I bought suspension taken off a 2017 Impreza Sedan, looking to install it in my 2018 Crosstrek..
s-l500.jpg

Do I need to change any other component or is a new alignment going to do the trick?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I looked into the opposite once, considering Crosstrek suspension on my Impreza. From looking at online parts diagrams, it looked possible. I reviewed suspension part numbers between the 2 cars until I got to the point of finding common part numbers. I think the knuckles might have also needed changing, but it's been almost a year since I printed out pages and looked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Impreza hatch I would be willing to swap suspension with someone with a Crosstrek. I want to lift my car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
240 Posts
I did see a lowered Forester, which ended up looking like an Scion xB, but that was dropped to the ground.

With the power options in an Impreza vs Crosstrek, I would have started with an Impreza with lift, rather than Crosstrek lowering. Still, only an inch is not much, and if you don't deal with deep snow, then have fun.

Like everyone else I want to see the results, and progress steps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a company trying to bring 18+ coilovers to the market soon. If the schedule stays on track, I should have a set for testing in the next 3-4 weeks. Once I get them, I'll post more details.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
15 Participants
blackflag
Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
At Subaru XV Forum you'll find fellow Subaru XV Enthusiasts to help perfect that Subaru Crosstrek Build, or share all kinds of information about this Subaru from its specs to its design.
Full Forum Listing