Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my low oil warning illuminated. I pulled over and shut down. I initially thought something catastrophic occured as I had checked engine compartment fluids earlier in the day. I popped the hood and gave it 10-15'. Also checked underneath for a leak. The engine compartment was also clean. To my pleasant surprise, oil was still at the top. Has anyone else had this occur? Is there an explanation beyond bad sensor?

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you are getting close to the border of low oil it can come and go, I think it goes out after 10 min of driving as long as the oil is still above the sensor.

It can happen on hills too as the oil level changes by pulling to one end of the pan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are getting close to the border of low oil it can come and go, I think it goes out after 10 min of driving as long as the oil is still above the sensor.

It can happen on hills too as the oil level changes by pulling to one end of the pan.

I live in coastal North Carolina and the oil dipstick read at top normal.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,196 Posts
Isn't it reading oil pressure and not oil level? If you're still under warranty, have it checked.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Isn't it reading oil pressure and not oil level?
Two separate sensors, but would have it checked, especially if still under warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't it reading oil pressure and not oil level? If you're still under warranty, have it checked.
Thank you. It is the oil level light not the oil pressure light. At least that's a bit less alarming, particularly when I know oil level's up to where it needs to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts