Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Low Beams Not working--DRL & High Beams working

Model Years 2012 to 2017 
2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  CRAZYHAWK 
#1 ·
2013 XV Crosstrek--

For about a month now, my low beams haven't worked at all. All others seem to be fully operational.
I finally got around to replacing the fuses, but no luck. Still no low beams. Any suggestions?

I keep seeing there's a relay I can replace, but the part is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I'm not huge into cars/mechanics so maybe I'm missing something, but any help would be very much appreciated.

#6 ·
Had to ask.
Are you certain you connected them fully, snapped into place? I assume you checked operation after install so should have been correct bulb and correct orientation? Some look alike but are different.
Just asking obvious questions because losing both is odd. Could be a relay, but thatcomes back to wjat bulb did you install? If you went with some high wattage one, perhaps you fried something in line.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#11 ·
If I were you, I’d get a new pair of bulbs and test them to make sure it’s not that. For whatever reason, these cars burn through bulbs relatively quickly, especially if have them on all the time.

If that’s not the issue, and the fuse was checked/replaced, then I’d look at the relay.

#14 ·
On my 2016 Crosstrek there was one 30 amp fuse for both low beams. Test the fuse with an ohm meter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.