Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 14 Crosstrek Hybrid. The lowbeam lighting has always been terrible. About a year ago I replaced the stock H11 bulbs with Phillips H11 Xtreme Vision Bulbs. No real change and now one of the bulbs has gone out again. A couple locals recommended the OEDRO H11 LED Headlight Bulb Conversion Kit (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075J89RYP/). I went to install them this morning and it seems that the fit doesn't work. Can't get the locking twist mechanism to actually engage -- it seems light the bulbs push too far in to actually be able to then twist and lock.

1. If anyone has any insight on these bulbs (or similar) that I'm just missing something, I would appreciate it. I have the Outback 40W fog light upgrade and these H11 bulbs fit perfectly in that housing so I'm not sure what might be different or what I'm doing wrong.

2. I've looked into other LED alternatives like the Diode Dynamics bulbs and the pictures seem to be similar - which also makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, but makes me hesitate to buy something different for now.

3. I've read a ton of threads here and can't find any upgrade that seems to be universally loved. I would easily pay more to get a better lighting upgrade but all the threads on LEDs, HID upgrades, HID retrofits, projector housing replacements, etc. just seem to have very mixed reviews. Am I missing a well-loved upgrade/alternative?

Thanks in advance for the help. Very frustrated today.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sylvania Sylvester Ultra are rated best halogen upgrade. 27% more lumens. @ $30. I’m going with low beams first on 2019 Crosstrek as I enjoy spirited driving and twisty’s. As for the 2014 Crosstrek go to the site and you can type in your year and model and thy will match it up. OEM are dimmer and last up to 5 yrs. the upgrades last about 2 years. For $15 a year it’s worth it. OEM begin to dim after 2-3 yrs. so they only get worse before the cut out. Sylvania never dim over time just go out sooner. Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also led are in their infant stage. Costly $100+ and finicky adjustments and fitting. Also I believe there’s a transformer necessary at install. Doesn’t seem to follow Subies philosophy “Keep it simple”

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
in my opinion those 4 or 6 sided LED bulbs would have terrible beam pattern as a low beam bulb.

As far as fitment, is the base too wide to fit into the headlight housing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry CRAZYHAWK, I re-read that thread and now see the positive comments on the de Auto Key 5000k H11rc bulbs. Just ordered some with priority shipping, so will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have the Diode Dynamics low beam LED in my '15 Crosstrek. Incredible.. you would love it.
I have their 5000K LEDs in my fogs. They work well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts