Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Yesterday I was at my climbing gym and when I came out it was dark. When I turned on my car, I though “hmm why is it so dark??” So I got out and low and behold, my low beams were BOTH out. I checked the fuses, they were fine. I check the relay (whose plastic housing fell apart 🙄), it was fine. Swapped with the horn relay, still no dice. My next step is to disconnect the lights and put a test light into the connectors. And if that doesn’t reveal the problem then I’ll probably take it to the dealership since it’s still under warranty.

I swapped out my OEM bulbs for DDM Tuning Saber LEDs last December. They couldn’t possibly be bad already could they?? Has anyone else ran into the problem with Sabers??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stick your oem bulbs in and see if they work. I wouldn't be surprised at aftermarket LEDs going out early. I carry my OEM bulbs in the car just in case.
yeah I switched back to OEM and it works fine. I’m just butthurt that my LEDs went out so fast. What a waste of money.

any suggestions for alternatives?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
yeah I switched back to OEM and it works fine. I’m just butthurt that my LEDs went out so fast. What a waste of money.

any suggestions for alternatives?
I replaced my H11 fog lights with LEDs from Diode Dynamics over 3 years ago for $120. They still work fine.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys! Yesterday I was at my climbing gym and when I came out it was dark. When I turned on my car, I though “hmm why is it so dark??” So I got out and low and behold, my low beams were BOTH out. I checked the fuses, they were fine. I check the relay (whose plastic housing fell apart 🙄), it was fine. Swapped with the horn relay, still no dice. My next step is to disconnect the lights and put a test light into the connectors. And if that doesn’t reveal the problem then I’ll probably take it to the dealership since it’s still under warranty.

I swapped out my OEM bulbs for DDM Tuning Saber LEDs last December. They couldn’t possibly be bad already could they?? Has anyone else ran into the problem with Sabers??
My understanding, if the aftermarket LED don't have cooling fan, they get very hot and burn out quickly. Good luck at the dealershyt. They could charge you, warranty or not. Its likely they may claim you modified the vehicle with an aftermarket part. :oops:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My understanding, if the aftermarket LED don't have cooling fan, they get very hot and burn out quickly. Good luck at the dealershyt. They could charge you, warranty or not. Its likely they may claim you modified the vehicle with an aftermarket part. :oops:
The LEDs from Diode Dynamics have fans. If you have a problem, and you're under warranty, put the original bulbs in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
stick your oem bulbs in and see if they work. I wouldn't be surprised at aftermarket LEDs going out early. I carry my OEM bulbs in the car just in case.
I've been running Supernova v.4 LEDs, they're single filament so the beam pattern is really close to the OEM incandescent bulb. The cutoff is really sharp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The LEDs from Diode Dynamics have fans. If you have a problem, and you're under warranty, put the original bulbs in.
Yeah my DDMs went out. I checked the connectors with my multimeter. I still wanna check the LEDs to see if the fan housings went bad or the actual bulbs. That’s a project for another day tho.

I've been running Supernova v.4 LEDs, they're single filament so the beam pattern is really close to the OEM incandescent bulb. The cutoff is really sharp.
I’ll check em out!! Thanks everyone for the tips!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts