Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Outback Owner looking for the Crosstrek Wheels. Anyone selling them or any ideas where I could get them for a good price??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello
I'm new to this forum. I own a December 2012 silver XV, 2000 km's. Its my wifes car and she loves it. We are currently looking at getting new rims for it. I will be posting the 4 XV rims up for sale shortly. I think just the rims at the stage as I dont mind the 17's.
I live in Adelaide, South Australia. Where abouts are you?
Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Rod,

Are you still thinking of selling your XV wheels?

I am in Adelaide and am hoping to buy at least two rims.

Thanks,

C.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Caitlin

If Roderick doesn't get back to you, or has already sold them etc, I am about to post re selling 3 rims with tyres. I am happy to sell individualy or the whole three in one go.

All three are in excellent condition, I have had them to a reputable. wheel shop on the Gold Coast where the tyres were removed, checked and replaced. The rims were checked for any damage, the faces have had any scratches/rash removed and painted surface repainted where necessary and the polished surfaces repolished They were then balanced

The tyres are the original Yokohama Geolanders with tread easy %90+.

There was a fourth but the it is now my full size spare.

As you probably know, a new rim from Subaru is $893 (when I checked today) and Bob Jane advised that the Yokohama tyre is around $300.00, almost $1200 in total.

I am after $450 (the wheel shop is not cheap!) for each rim and tyre, pick up or shipped at your cost.

I can email you photos if you are interested.

Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For one wheel? The going rate at the wreckers for as new is $200 per wheel with tyre.
Sandi, that may have been THE case.

However, around a month ago I contacted the Sydney wreckers that you suggested and they wanted $350 plus freight for one wheel! I had photos of that wheel sent to me and it was probably a solid safe rim, but it had "rash" and "gouge marks" to the extent that I would not even put it in my boot as a spare.

But, I did consider the purchase, however after researching the cost to have it cleaned, polished etc to the standard I would accept (i.e. as new looking)...I found the price would have been close to $550, with freight from Sydney bringing the total cost to around $600.

Sandi, I did note your experience as described in your previous post
, and also on the thread you had on the Whirlpool website.

The 3 rims/tyres that I have for sale (I have kept one for myself) are only 50 or so dollars more than you mention, just that they have been to a reputable wheel shop, had the tyre removed from each rim, checked for "out of round" (a problem that you experienced), rims refaced and paint touched up, tyres replaced and balanced. They actually look like brand new. That is where the extra money has gone. These rims do not come with any of the "baggage" that you endured.

I am not a wrecker or a business, just someone who bought a set of rims and tyres in oder to address a problem in not having a full size spare. Admittedly these are not as cheap to buy as from the wreckers suggested by Sandi, but you will not have to do anything to them expect put them on your car or in your boot. It is the price that I paid for the one I kept.

I am confident enough to give a money back guarantee if you don't like them. As previously stated, photo's are available.

BTW if you do find "as new" for $200 please post pics and don't hold back in telling me "I told you so".
tyre face closer copy.jpg

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Sandi

Hi

If you are still looking for a buyer for one I'm keen. The wife unfortunately hit a lump of concrete today that put some serious gouges in the rim so I need to replace it. Less than a week old :( and we went 13 years in the Liberty without so much as a mark on the mags.

Anyway, let me know if you still need a participant in the purchase.
Did you repair this one and are now selling it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sandi,

Your quote from a previous thread,

"And if I the wrecker had sent me one instead of 4, they were going to charge me $350 and it could have been the dud one!"

Please....... don't be selective in your "facts".

·
Registered
3,014 Posts

Sandi, that may have been THE case.

However, around a month ago I contacted the Sydney wreckers that you suggested and they wanted $350 plus freight for one wheel! I had photos of that wheel sent to me and it was probably a solid safe rim, but it had "rash" and "gouge marks" to the extent that I would not even put it in my boot as a spare.

But, I did consider the purchase, however after researching the cost to have it cleaned, polished etc to the standard I would accept (i.e. as new looking)...I found the price would have been close to $550, with freight from Sydney bringing the total cost to around $600.

Sandi, I did note your experience as described in your previous post, and also on the thread you had on the Whirlpool website.

The 3 rims/tyres that I have for sale (I have kept one for myself) are only 50 or so dollars more than you mention, just that they have been to a reputable wheel shop, had the tyre removed from each rim, checked for "out of round" (a problem that you experienced), rims refaced and paint touched up, tyres replaced and balanced. They actually look like brand new. That is where the extra money has gone. These rims do not come with any of the "baggage" that you endured.

I am not a wrecker or a business, just someone who bought a set of rims and tyres in oder to address a problem in not having a full size spare. Admittedly these are not as cheap to buy as from the wreckers suggested by Sandi, but you will not have to do anything to them expect put them on your car or in your boot. It is the price that I paid for the one I kept.

I am confident enough to give a money back guarantee if you don't like them. As previously stated, photo's are available.

BTW if you do find "as new" for $200 please post pics and don't hold back in telling me "I told you so".
View attachment 18650
Well thanks for that explanation:) I actually obtained 4 wheels from Sydney wrecker for $200 each (plus freight)
3 were mint (>95% tread) no scratches or damage at all, one was damaged and I sent that back to the wrecker and got a full refund:)
2 other members and I have each of the 3 mint ones.
Jason from Sydney purchased his spare from a member Jita for $200 (Jita sold all his 4 wheels- literally picked up his car and straight to tyre shop to change mags) and Jason also got his wife's from the same wrecker as me for $200.

Good on you if you can obtain a high price for yours:) I just wanted to let others know what others and myself have purchased for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Sandi,

Your quote from a previous thread,

"And if I the wrecker had sent me one instead of 4, they were going to charge me $350 and it could have been the dud one!"

Please....... don't be selective in your "facts".
They are all the facts.
The single wheel (which I didn't purchase because the price was too high) was $350 including freight to Melbourne.

I read that your price didn't include freight:

I am after $450 (the wheel shop is not cheap!) for each rim and tyre, pick up or shipped at your cost.
Believe what you want, but good luck at whatever price you can achieve.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Repairing it sure, selling it no. It came with the car, so I would like to keep it as a set, the newishone is the spare, but I'll rotate it at the appropriate time.

Sandi, I am not trying to rip anyone off, and I actually don't care if they sell or not. It is not about the money, otherwise I would not have gone down this track. I am paying the same for mine as the ones I am selling.

All I am doing is offering a rim/tyre combination that is to a standard that is as close to new as is possible for a second hand rim and tyre, and is both significantly cheaper than new and better than found on the walls of a second hand shop.

You seem annoyed by this and I cant understand why.

Anyway, enjoy your XV, we certainly enjoy ours.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
This is my spare $200 plus $50 freight

image.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice Sandi, and I hope those prices are still out there, I really do.

But as I said, the same wrecker you purchased that from quoted me $350 plus shipping, for a rim/tyre that were nowhere near as good. What more can I say.

Anyway, you have made your point, and if no-one wants to buy the remaining three, I guess I wonthave to buy tyres for sometime, nor worry that much if the better half hits another gutter. :(

Regards

1 - 20 of 36 Posts