Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my mind set on Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail's.
Keeping the stock 17" wheels on the '21 Sport. No plans on ever lifting.
Just undecided between 225/60/17 or 235/60/17.

Any pro's and con's?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I install Bfgoodrich KO2's 225 65/17 (no lift) and love the look, the 235 are going to be wider but I don't think it will add any benefits and you may have issues with rubbing. Here are some pics of my crosstrek. The 65/17 are going to be taller and is going to cover the wheel well for a better look, one down side is the lost of 4-5mpg of your fuel consumption, I have a 2021 premium manual and I get around 28-29mpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
10 Posts
So I install Bfgoodrich KO2's 225 65/17 (no lift) and love the look, the 235 are going to be wider but I don't think it will add any benefits and you many have issues with rubbing. Here are some pics of my crosstrek. The 65/17 are going to be taller and is going to cover the wheel well for a better look, one down side is the lost of 4-5mpg of your fuel consumption, I have a 2021 premium manual and I get around 28-29mpg
Not to mention horsepower at the wheels.... saw a Dino test with stock wheels and tire on a 2.0 and it made at 141hp.
Changed to 15" wheels and Tires like yours down 16.5hp.that's more than 10%.
Unless a person is 60% or more offroading compared to city/hiway...I don't get it?? Other than if you just really like the look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can truly say I don't notice the power lost, because I have a manual transmission I just downshift to a gear that gets me going, 80-90% of us that make a change to a more aggressive tire won't use them for what they are really intended for, is really more for the look

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
You'll love the wild peaks. I went with 235/60/17. The 235 is 4lbs heavier than the 225, but has a full inch of extra tread width. The wheels I chose are only 16.5 lbs to bring the weight per corner back down. No noticeable loss of acceleration.

Quiet. Great wet handling. Great in the snow. Love them at speed on gravel.

Best all terrain I've used. BFG KOs and Yokohama Geolanders both suck compared to them. KOs are heavy and loud. Both are crappy for wet cornering, both half *** at best in the snow. Both have no business on ice at all.

IMG_5792.jpeg
IMG_6035.jpeg

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts