Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’ve been creeping on this forum for a while now and loving all the information and sweet builds. I figured it was time to join and show off my trek as well. I ordered this 21 Sport in black earlier this year ( took like 3 months to get it).
Mods so far:
Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fogs in yellow
Nameless 5 inch exhaust
Led interior swap
Yakima Timberline / Corebars in 60” (No pictures yet)
Kuat Bike Rack (super into MTB and live in MT if anyone rides around here.)

Next mods:
Black Rhino Boxers in 15x7 with 215/75 Wildpeaks
Skybox 16 Carbonite
Rally Armor flaps
Anyway - a pleasure to be here and thanks for all the informative posts.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look great!

Is the rack hitch mounted? Which hitch?
Hey! Yes it’s hitch mounted and that’s my biggest regret is when I ordered my car I had them install a hitch and they put a 1 1/4” hitch and not a 2” like they told me they were going to… So for my kuat I have an adapter so it can hold the rack because the rack is a 2”.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts
Hey! Yes it’s hitch mounted and that’s my biggest regret is when I ordered my car I had them install a hitch and they put a 1 1/4” hitch and not a 2” like they told me they were going to… So for my kuat I have an adapter so it can hold the rack because the rack is a 2”.
Sorry about that. The way to tell a dealer is lying is when their lips are moving... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Trek_Tyler1

·
Registered
918 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Central Penciltucky. Noice Rig.

Reactions: Trek_Tyler1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Took mine in to the dealer to have the hitch installed the day after buying. Parts and Sales told me 2in hitch would be installed and was in stock. Showed up to pick up and it was a 1 1/4… was like what the hell… not paying $800 for that… so sales rep threw it on the “We Owe” and said “sorry, our bad for that not being on the we owe as a $0 dollar item” as discussed in the negotiations… now I did joke with him during the sale about a free hitch so he know why I wanted. I got an adapter for Harbor Freight for $16 and it seems strong enough… little worried about a 2in Spare Tire Mount over a speed bump!

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,134 Posts
Took mine in to the dealer to have the hitch installed the day after buying. Parts and Sales told me 2in hitch would be installed and was in stock. Showed up to pick up and it was a 1 1/4… was like what the hell… not paying $800 for that… so sales rep threw it on the “We Owe” and said “sorry, our bad for that not being on the we owe as a $0 dollar item” as discussed in the negotiations… now I did joke with him during the sale about a free hitch so he know why I wanted. I got an adapter for Harbor Freight for $16 and it seems strong enough… little worried about a 2in Spare Tire Mount over a speed bump!
They say not to use adapters on a 1.25-inch hitch because it can add extra stress to the tongue weight. Since you have a spare tire mount you might wanna consider switching to a 2-inch unit instead.

Did they at least give you the bumper crush beam? You'll need to install that back on if you decide to go aftermarket for your hitch since most aftermarket hitches are installed under the car's frame.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They say not to use adapters on a 1.25-inch hitch because it can add extra stress to the tongue weight. Since you have a spare tire mount you might wanna consider switching to a 2-inch unit instead.

Did they at least give you the bumper crush beam? You'll need to install that back on if you decide to go aftermarket for your hitch since most aftermarket hitches are installed under the car's frame.
nope.. I didn’t think the CrossTrek required any removal. I know the ascent did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts