Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Sport, Sunshine Orange
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll have to forgive the primitive post, but I'm just starting my research into lifting my 2020 Crosstrek. From the research I've gathered, the most common lift kits are a spacer that bolts to the top of the strut to raise the vehicle. Assuming this is correct, what is the advantage of getting aftermarket springs?

Also, on Rallitek's Website, There are springs with varying lift heights attached to the description. They range from "Standard height" to 1". Does this mean in addition to the lift kit, these springs would lift the car up to an additional 1"? Or are those springs the corresponding springs you need to buy to match your lift (i.e. If you have a 1" lift kit, you should be buying the 1" lift springs)?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm trying to understand the mechanics of all of this before I make a decision.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Those springs will raise the car 1" additional- over and above your spacer lift. I called Rallitek to discuss our build and intended use. We settled on the OE replacement spring for our needs as it's stiffer than stock and only raised the car maybe 1/4" over what factory height would have been. I am using an LP Aventure lift and did not want too much height gain to stress the CVs excessively. I've always felt OE Subaru's are under-sprung from dealer off the lot. I don't like the body roll/lean you get and excessive wallowing around corners in factory form, which is only compounded when loaded down with gear. The Rallitek springs totally changed the driving feel of the car- it is firm now but not stiff. It holds the road, there is no wallowing in corners anymore only precise steering feel and the car goes, without the body roll it had prior. Even loaded down heavily with gear, the Rallitek springs are a great match. The rear end sag when loaded is eliminated also, the springs really hold the weight well. When empty and only driver in car, it's a more firm and direct feel, no wallow or lean but not stiff. It just feels right if that makes sense. If you were not going to lift your car at all, I would still recommend the Rallitek springs- they are a huge improvement overall to the feel and handling of the car as a whole. Subaru should build all their cars with these springs in my opinion. I'd highly recommend calling Rallitek to discuss your overall big picture full build plans so they know what you're long term goal is and they'll then recommend which spring will suit your needs best. If you do go with lift and spring both, doing it all at same time is easy swap and you'll only mess with it once. Run it down for an alignment when you're done with install and you won't mess with it again. Ours is a 2019 in cool grey khaki- I have a build thread on here with pics of the car and different stages of build- it's equipped with Prinsu rack, LP Aventure lift, Rallitek springs, Black Rhinos and BFG AT KO2s, Warn winch mount and Axon 55S winch with an array of Baja Designs lighting, Spod Bantam for power control and few other various odds and ends. We are family of 3 with a couple dogs that go with us and gear. Unloaded or empty the Rallitek springs are a huge improvement to the car as a whole. I highly recommend them regardless of whether you lift or not.

Best of Luck,

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts