Registered
Subaru Crosstrek XV 2015
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered these struts:

TUFF SUPPORT - 612250
TUFF SUPPORT - 612252

This is the photo so far:

Office supplies Electric blue Font

I am currently waiting in the mail, but they are C$30 a pop, both side for C$60. The one with the triangle bracket I saw on Amazon is priced at C$170 without taxes. Same brand, just combo with the triangle bracket.

Now, this one comes with a snap ring. I can't find any triangle base bracket, and it doesn't come with one. I may have to take the OEM one out of my car, but that strut I noticed there is no snap ring. It's like permanent embed with the bracket. Now, I am curious if I have to drill that piece out on the OE bracket to reuse that triangle base bracket.

Gesture Font Art Symbol Auto part

Triangle base bracket, that I am referring to: (Example)

Tool Bumper Gadget Bicycle part Automotive exterior

Does anyone have any other good suggestion, advice and where maybe I can find that bracket elsewhere?

Registered
2015 XV Crosstrek Premium CVT, 2019 Impreza Sport MT, 2001 Forester S 4EAT, 2013 Outback Premium CVT

Registered
I recently found the hatch struts on my MY18 wouldn't holp up in -20c temp so that's 2nd on the list after the new battery that is waiting for install as soon as I get back mobile from recent hip dislocation. In the meantime please let us know if any issues come up with your replacement.

Registered
Subaru Crosstrek XV 2015
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just changed ours I think you just got the wrong struts or they expect you to drill out the bracket attachment and reuse it? These were drop in

Model Years 2012 to 2017 - Rear hatch gas struts install
Weird, as their manufacturer said it's compatible, just missing the bracket. I think they expect me to buy custom brackets. Returning those C$60 I will get hit with a restocking fee and shipping. :(

I just ordered these. Likewise, I know it's a bit pricey.

Now it's about C$100 both strut. Better than C$170 if it all works.

Font Output device Bumper Auto part Screenshot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts