Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ideas on what style of switches, and where to mount them for my upcoming lighting upgrades.

I have an SSD light bar and plan to put at lease one set of lights, plus maybe an LED light bar, so I will have two switches.

Post pics if you can.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Up until now, I’ve pretty much used generic rocker switches. But the other day I came across these stainless steel push-button latching switches, and I love them, so I’ll be switching (no pun intended) everything over to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Bourne, could you link the source for the switch ? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used the stock fog light button on the left console as well as the BRZ fog light button next to the dimmer switch.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here are where my switches are located.
I added another round one on the left side of the panel as I added another set of pods on the rear of my basket. I can get an updated picture later today

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,785 Posts
Im interested to see what others are doing.

Ive got an idea in my head on what/how I want to do things, but I havnt pulled the trigger on the main part of it.. $$$
Well i pulled the trigger and bought an S-Tech system.

Made a plate to fit under the HVAC controls and test fit it.

There will be a lot more detail in my journal with more step-by-step stuff when I do it. Starts here for the switch stuff: http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/.../141530-chickens-crosstrek-5.html#post1691890

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you use the wiring behind the dash for your switch you can get it to illuminate as well. I used the extra pigtail for adding fog lights after the fact that is on all Imprezas. Here’s how in this video

1 - 17 of 17 Posts