Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just had my LED light bar fitted to my bar guard today. The guy who I got to fit everything did a great job, however he was confused to where the plug loom is to allow the light bar to operate under high beam, so he couldnt plug it in for this reason. It works fine with the manual over ride but Id like it to work when I push the stalk for high beam function.

Does anyone know if there is a schematic diagram or loom connection if there is such a thing?

The light bar I have is the Stedi ST4K unit. https://www.stedi.com.au/st4k-28-inch-double-row-52-led-light-bar.html

My car is a 2018 limited or 2.0-S as its known in Australia. The headlights are the OEM LED units.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use a relay connected to the high beam positive wire as the trigger to power the lights when the high beams are on.
Thanks for your reply. So are you suggesting a spliced relay connection to the high beam, or is there a relay connection to the high beam for these cars already? Do you have any schematics to show where the relay is? I already have the loom with the connector on it, just need to know where to plug it in.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting the local auto electrician to sort it for me. My mistake, I thought I had HID's when I actually have LED's. He said there was no other way other than splicing and soldering into existing wiring to get the high beams to work.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I put 4 lightforce lights on our ‘11 outback just after we got it. Used the lightforce wiring kit...which uses relays...had it wired into the high beams. With the switch turned on they will go on when the high beams are on...or use the switch to have just high beams.

Reactions: SBXVaus

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ended up getting the local auto electrician to sort it for me. My mistake, I thought I had HID's when I actually have LED's. He said there was no other way other than splicing and soldering into existing wiring to get the high beams to work.
The Lightbar looks great.

Do you know what wire was spliced? I have been stuck on this for a while unable to find it. (I have the same model)

If you have a photo of it that would be amazing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Lightbar looks great.

Do you know what wire was spliced? I have been stuck on this for a while unable to find it. (I have the same model)

If you have a photo of it that would be amazing.
Id love to help you but I actually dont know. All I know is that the wire had to go into the high beam wire. I paid $45 to get the auto electrician to connect the wire and test it. Thats all he had to do as my mate did all the other hard work.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I believe we have switched ground (earth) for the headlights. The high beams would have 12 volts all the time, with ground completing the circuit when turned on.

Reactions: SBXVaus
1 - 12 of 12 Posts