Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, JDM Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
475 Posts
Compared to the halogens on the older car, the LEDs are amazing, literally night and day. The problem is when people install them in housings not designed for them, then want to brag about it... :rolleyes:
'Literally night and day' :ROFLMAO: :LOL::giggle: - sorry AK forgive me :p

·
Registered
2022 Sport
25 Posts
I’m waiting for the headlight assemblies to come in. I will update the original post when everything is done.

Hey Folks,

I have decided to take the plunge, I’m going to be doing the conversion.

i have the harness to make it all work from FoxBeam lighting.

I’m looking at parts catalog and there are two different part numbers for 2020-2022 Led housings.

I’m not sure which is the correct one, one is cheaper than the other.

Right- 84002FL601
Left - 84002FL611

And

Right- 84913FL461
Left- 84913FL471

If anyone knows which are the right ones to buy please let me know.

I will use this thread to document the install. View attachment 310141
Hi!

I'm doing the same thing to my 2022 Sport. It was nice to find this thread. I reached out to FoxBeam regarding the wiring harnesses and which ones I would require, but they only emailed me back the links to the very confusing purchase web page. I gather the Y shaped harnesses you have in your picture are the DRM relocation harnesses, but I am curious what the shorter pigtails below are? As I suspect I will need them as well. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi!

I'm doing the same thing to my 2022 Sport. It was nice to find this thread. I reached out to FoxBeam regarding the wiring harnesses and which ones I would require, but they only emailed me back the links to the very confusing purchase web page. I gather the Y shaped harnesses you have in your picture are the DRM relocation harnesses, but I am curious what the shorter pigtails below are? As I suspect I will need them as well. Thanks in advance!
So the Y Shaped harness will allow you to run the DRL without having the highbeam shutter.

But you need this harness in order to connect limited headlight onto the premium because the output links are different.
Check this link:

If you plan on getting headlights from secondhand and just need the harness to connect from premium to limited, you will have to go where it says 'HOUSINGS' and press the arrow and it will have a list that drops down where the options are 'Grade B' 'Grade A' 'I'll provide my own' 'Harness Pair Only.' It should cost you $67.

So in total the harness to go from premium to limited and the harness that will allow you to run the DRL on the limited headlight without the highbeam shutter will be about $67 + $117 = $184

·
Registered
2022 Sport
25 Posts
So the Y Shaped harness will allow you to run the DRL without having the highbeam shutter.

But you need this harness in order to connect limited headlight onto the premium because the output links are different.
Check this link:

If you plan on getting headlights from secondhand and just need the harness to connect from premium to limited, you will have to go where it says 'HOUSINGS' and press the arrow and it will have a list that drops down where the options are 'Grade B' 'Grade A' 'I'll provide my own' 'Harness Pair Only.' It should cost you $67.

So in total the harness to go from premium to limited and the harness that will allow you to run the DRL on the limited headlight without the highbeam shutter will be about $67 + $117 = $184
WOW! That was a far superior explanation than I got from the email! I will get the harnesses, and yes its going from the sport to the Limited light assemblies, which I obtained already, had an inside connection get cost Subie parts.
Thanks Big Time!

·
Registered
2022 Sport
25 Posts
Finally got some time to swap the headlights out. Pulling the bumper by myself ( yes, I have no help ), seemed a little concerning trying to get it back on. I was able to detach the top line along the rad support, and the inner wheelwell connectors, and let the bumper hang forward just a bit, without removing anything from the bottom. I used a bungee cord to keep the bumper from leaning too far forward, and was able to get to the screws for the assemblies with no problems. Amazing how much better the light is on the roads at night now!....and it looks cool to boot!
Car Wheel Vehicle Grille Tire

61 - 74 of 74 Posts