Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My head unit shows this, just wondering if it’s up to date; assuming that’s 43rd week of 2018 figured there might be a newer version by now. I have assembly date of 12/2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
My head unit shows this, just wondering if it’s up to date; assuming that’s 43rd week of 2018 figured there might be a newer version by now. I have assembly date of 12/2018

Yes, there was one in January for the '19s

·
Registered
5,431 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't done any update since the HU says its up to date using wifi and the AHA app. Cant find anything official as to latest rev for 2019's with NAV

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I haven't done any update since the HU says its up to date using wifi and the AHA app. Cant find anything official as to latest rev for 2019's with NAV
The HU will say it's up to date when it isn't. You can try the instructions in the link I posted, or the dealer can update the firmware for you if you don't want to deal with downloading updates to a USB drive.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The HU will say it's up to date when it isn't. You can try the instructions in the link I posted, or the dealer can update the firmware for you if you don't want to deal with downloading updates to a USB drive.
As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i access the download site it shows the following update:

Rel_U1.18.38.50 NA_CAN_MEX

<Navi Database version>: North America_2017.03 Update 6_6787_28/12545/272294/16226

Publication date:
2019-04-04 09:46

However the download button is greyed out and it wont let me click on it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
When i access the download site it shows the following update:

Rel_U1.18.38.50 NA_CAN_MEX

<Navi Database version>: North America_2017.03 Update 6_6787_28/12545/272294/16226

Publication date:
2019-04-04 09:46

However the download button is greyed out and it wont let me click on it.
Is this on your PC with your newly created account, and you have a proper USB stick inserted?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Is this on your PC with your newly created account, and you have a proper USB stick inserted?
Ah so you have to have usb drive ready ,,, I was gonna download to HD and copy over to usb later

Update:

Downloading takes forever with usb drive!!

Also, why does vehicle have to be running for install?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Ah so you have to have usb drive ready ,,, I was gonna download to HD and copy over to usb later

Update:

Downloading takes forever with usb drive!!

Takes a while, depends a lot on your download speed. When you do the update in the car, it takes a while, too. And seems to stop at one of the further steps (step 8?), but just leave it, and it will eventually finish. Just follow all the instructions exactly incl leaving your car running.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I was able to complete the update with the ignition “on” but without the engine running, just turned the lights and HVAC to off.

Yeah, others have said they could do it just with the ignition on. I wonder if there's a risk something could shut down part way through and brick the HU? Seems odd they would tell you to keep the engine running if not necessary.

What version did you end up with?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeah, others have said they could do it just with the ignition on. I wonder if there's a risk something could shut down part way through and brick the HU? Seems odd they would tell you to keep the engine running if not necessary.

What version did you end up with?

Thanks for your help!

Latest version is from early April 2019 from Subaru site.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Thanks for your help!

Latest version is from early April 2019 from Subaru site.

There's still something not quite right. If you have a model year 2019 then the latest firmware (that I'm aware of) is from January but that one is from last September. Maybe Subaru hasn't updated the map update with the latest firmware for the '19s?

It may be worth a call to your dealer, give them your VIN and see if there's a newer version for your car. Of course, if you're not having any problems with the HU it's probably not worth the hassle until the next service. If it ain't broke... :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
There's still something not quite right. If you have a model year 2019 then the latest firmware (that I'm aware of) is from January but that one is from last September. Maybe Subaru hasn't updated the map update with the latest firmware for the '19s?

It may be worth a call to your dealer, give them your VIN and see if there's a newer version for your car. Of course, if you're not having any problems with the HU it's probably not worth the hassle until the next service. If it ain't broke... :D
He is right, the version I had installed in Feb was pulled and the reverted it in April. I am still running with that sketchy version but luckily don't have any issues...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
5 Participants
xconverge
Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
At Subaru XV Forum you'll find fellow Subaru XV Enthusiasts to help perfect that Subaru Crosstrek Build, or share all kinds of information about this Subaru from its specs to its design.
Full Forum Listing