Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,959 Posts
I don't think that was ever determined. If it is not the car, then what? Wheels/tires? No way a tire shop would balance a tire/wheel and not see that it is bent an inch. They wouldn't even be able to balance it properly, plus the owner would definitely feel that, it would shake the car apart as it doesn't take much to make a tire shake.

I would say it is the car. whether it is bad body panels, bent/worn suspension components or bent frame, mismatched tire, although impossible to say without looking at it and taking some measurements.

well i propose we do a go fund me for 20 bucks to the OP can swap the position of two tires to see if the "problem" persists, and in the meantime perhaps the OP would be so kind to tell us what year his car is and how many miles is on it. i really need to get to the bottom of this :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,959 Posts
lol, good idea! I am curious now as to what the issue is. I will need closure.
my experience-based premonition is we may never get closure. i remember a couple of years ago there was a guy who after jacking up his car in a non-subaru sanctioned manner starter seeing disparity in body panel gaps, that grew in an Usheresque (the fall of the house of) fashion. he never got back to us.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts