Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been searching for a while now for wheel size and offset. I always see 15x7 +15.

For those who have this size, aren't you concerned on how the wheels are further away from the axle? Or your odometer reading wrong?

Sorry for the stupid question/s, my first time getting an offroad look set up. I like the look of Black Rhino Boxer 15x7 look but the offset keeping me from getting it. TIA

Product Slope Font Rectangle Parallel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,702 Posts
I've been searching for a while now for wheel size and offset. I always see 15x7 +15.

For those who have this size, aren't you concerned on how the wheels are further away from the axle? Or your odometer reading wrong?

Sorry for the stupid question/s, my first time getting an offroad look set up. I like the look of Black Rhino Boxer 15x7 look but the offset keeping me from getting it. TIA

View attachment 309951
Wheel offset doesn't affect the odometer, tire circumference does.
1" lower offset changes the forces on the suspension by about 3%, so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts

View attachment 309951
Offset won't affect odometer. Only overall diameter. I think the smaller diameter wheels need the offset bump for shock clearance. But I might be wrong on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wheel offset doesn't affect the odometer, tire circumference does.
1" lower offset changes the forces on the suspension by about 3%, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Yes I know the offset doesn't affect the odometer. My question about the offset +15. The wheel sits far out the it might affect the axle in the long run.

I think the smaller diameter wheels need the offset bump for shock clearance. But I might be wrong on that.
Thank you. I was thinking it's because of the clearance too but I'm worried of the axle in long term. 🤷‍♂️
I like to use 15x7.5 +45. but i can't find anyone who has it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes I know the offset doesn't affect the odometer. My question about the offset +15. The wheel sits far out the it might affect the axle in the long run.

Thank you. I was thinking it's because of the clearance too but I'm worried of the axle in long term. 🤷‍♂️
I like to use 15x7.5 +45. but i can't find anyone who has it.
I'm a little confused because you literally asked if it affects the odometer. But there's tons of people running 15s. It's it's a genuine worry I would stick to 16s. Or go by what people already have posted as working. I think this forum would be loaded with posts about axles and 15s if it was a big deal. I would be more worried about coupling lower offset and heavier tires. And if you can't find info on the particular offset it's probably because it doesn't work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a little confused because you literally asked if it affects the odometer. But there's tons of people running 15s. It's it's a genuine worry I would stick to 16s. Or go by what people already have posted as working. I think this forum would be loaded with posts about axles and 15s if it was a big deal. I would be more worried about coupling lower offset and heavier tires. And if you can't find info on the particular offset it's probably because it doesn't work.
My mistake. I didn't mention the tire size. And I used the wrong one for reference (225/75/15) on the photo posted. Hence the odometer difference question.

I found a +25. getting closer. lol!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,702 Posts
My mistake. I didn't mention the tire size. And I used the wrong one for reference (225/75/15) on the photo posted. Hence the odometer difference question.

I found a +25. getting closer. lol!
Hey FYI 15" wheels will not fit over your front brakes with stock offset. That's why the +15 offset is so common.

Even the +30 16" Sparco wheels don't fit.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,367 Posts

·
Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
16,214 Posts
Wow. Never heard of anybody going to 15" rims on a Crosstrek. That's a new one! I wonder what that does to the handling characteristics of the car. I'm guessing a softer, but squirmier ride.
And makes the tires look even beefier, LOL!

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,367 Posts
And makes the tires look even beefier, LOL!
Funny how we used to have cars with 80% aspect ratio tires and never thought they looked "beefy" back then. Times have changed.

Reactions: Lee2021
121 - 140 of 172 Posts