Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Ha, ha! Too many glasses of wine that day, clearly!

Confirmed there's no warranty on the OEM tires so I'm off to Discount Tires for some Falken Wildpeaks. Turns out they're $300 cheaper than our local tire shop.
If you ever get off road or into some snow, you're going to love the Falkens.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,531 Posts
If you ever get off road or into some snow, you're going to love the Falkens.
Thanks @Zap and we do. One of the reasons we looked at small SUVs like the Crosstrek is that we often go up to Big Bear and/or Mammoth in the winter, and sometimes the summer, where friends have cabins. Dirt roads and snow, and snowy dirt roads...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking at getting new A/T tires in stock size 225/60/R17 for my 18 premium 6spd.

Would you guys recommend the G015s or the Wildpeaks?

I do go offroad some, but its not something I do every week. Want something relatively quiet that has offroad capability.

·
Prefers black cats
14,531 Posts
Looking at getting new A/T tires in stock size 225/60/R17 for my 18 premium 6spd.

Would you guys recommend the G015s or the Wildpeaks?

I do go offroad some, but its not something I do every week. Want something relatively quiet that has offroad capability.
I'll let you know tomorrow about the road noise - I plan to make recordings before and after, to compare, as the Crosstrek isn't the quietest car to begin with. And I don't want a grumpy OtherAstroKat after I put off road tires on her daily driver, LOL!

What I don't know is if my phone (Pixel 5a) will adapt to the ambient noise and make the experiment worthless. We'll see.

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
461 Posts
I'll let you know tomorrow about the road noise - I plan to make recordings before and after, to compare, as the Crosstrek isn't the quietest car to begin with. And I don't want a grumpy OtherAstroKat after I put off road tires on her daily driver, LOL!

What I don't know is if my phone (Pixel 5a) will adapt to the ambient noise and make the experiment worthless. We'll see.

I didn't bother with measurement or any kind of scientific comparison. Just tried to clear my mind and let my subconscious inform me if things felt different or worse. I think I mentioned in my post that I didn't notice anything that bothered me, but that maybe the road noise was a bit different between the two tires. Not worse or better. I do think the ride was a bit firmer at first and it has either mellowed out or I've gotten acclimated. A caveat is that if I hit an actual hole in the road I think the new tires take it more smoothly than the stock ones.

In short I think she should expect some difference, but my experience tells me that she should not be dissatisfied. And I am the kind of person who can be annoyed by the little things. :)

·
Prefers black cats
14,531 Posts
Duh, didn't think about "there's an app for that"! Thank you!

I figured I'd drive up and down the same stretch of road and freeway, at the same speed, before and after.
Ha ha, it's going between "Breathing" and "Mosquito"...

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT
62 Posts
If I can ask - I’ve researched a lot but I can’t seem to find out the answer, maybe someone with more knowledge or skills can help.
I have a full set wheels and tires from a 2016 Corolla I previously owned and I’m curious if they will fit my 2021 Crosstrek Premium. I can’t seem to tell the hub size and such and it’s bugging me out. Yes I could go out to my dads place and jack up the trek to try and fit the wheel, but I’d hate to do it without a hint if it’s gonna work… any tips helpful!
Also the Corolla wheels are 15” stock oem steel wheels. I believe they are these rims - specs are accurate. Would they fit the Crosstrek?

RTX, Steel Rim, New Aftermarket Wheel, 15X6, 5X100, 54.1, 39, black finish X45921 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9FGQNH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZWXSSJ9SYNDS3ADAQFN6

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I can ask - I’ve researched a lot but I can’t seem to find out the answer, maybe someone with more knowledge or skills can help.
I have a full set wheels and tires from a 2016 Corolla I previously owned and I’m curious if they will fit my 2021 Crosstrek Premium. I can’t seem to tell the hub size and such and it’s bugging me out. Yes I could go out to my dads place and jack up the trek to try and fit the wheel, but I’d hate to do it without a hint if it’s gonna work… any tips helpful!
Also the Corolla wheels are 15” stock oem steel wheels. I believe they are these rims - specs are accurate. Would they fit the Crosstrek?

RTX, Steel Rim, New Aftermarket Wheel, 15X6, 5X100, 54.1, 39, black finish X45921 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9FGQNH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZWXSSJ9SYNDS3ADAQFN6
Check Google for specs. No need to physically do it. Should only take a minute.

·
Registered
17 Posts

RTX, Steel Rim, New Aftermarket Wheel, 15X6, 5X100, 54.1, 39, black finish X45921 Amazon.com
Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT
62 Posts
Check Google for specs. No need to physically do it. Should only take a minute.
I must have 100 tabs open right now… I found that the center hub bore is 2mm different and the offset is about 8 off… my Corolla wheels are 40mm positive, I believe the stock wheels are 50mm positive offset? I don’t know how much this affects it either…

·
Prefers black cats
14,531 Posts
Had Falken Wildpeaks installed yesterday and, today, OtherAstroKat wants to drive to the outlet mall near Palm Springs! We'll see what happens...

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,001 Posts
Hopefully, you know what you need to do: drop OtherAstroKat off at the outlet mall for the day, and head to the desert for some serious off-roading!

·
Prefers black cats
14,531 Posts
Hopefully, you know what you need to do: drop OtherAstroKat off at the outlet mall for the day, and head to the desert for some serious off-roading!
I already have this down. It will be the fourth or fifth time. I drive 2.5 hours to a brewpub there, OtherAstroKat does her shopping, we reconnect, then she drives home.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts