Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,531 Posts
Only saw one post here with '18 wheels (we have a Limited and I don't want to change the wheels). Anyone running a tire upgrade on the OEM '18 wheels?

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
461 Posts
Only saw one post here with '18 wheels (we have a Limited and I don't want to change the wheels). Anyone running a tire upgrade on the OEM '18 wheels?
I have the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tire in OEM size on the 18" wheels.

·
Prefers black cats
14,531 Posts
I have the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tire in OEM size on the 18" wheels.
Thanks! Do you like them? How's the road noise on pavement compared to the OEMs?

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,001 Posts
How could you forget this thread??

·
Prefers black cats
14,531 Posts
Ha, ha! Too many glasses of wine that day, clearly!

Confirmed there's no warranty on the OEM tires so I'm off to Discount Tires for some Falken Wildpeaks. Turns out they're $300 cheaper than our local tire shop.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
954 Posts
Yeah, I still miss his 'has butch tires' nom de plume.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,001 Posts
Butch tires all around! :cool:

Wherever you end up, see if you can get a good opinion on what's causing that wear pattern. If it's ever being caused by something mechanical, you want to know about it ...

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
461 Posts
Thanks! Do you like them? How's the road noise on pavement compared to the OEMs?
Here is my review with pics ...

I have made two ~800 mile highway trips, a lot of local driving, and some forest service roads in various states of disrepair, and I am still pleased with the purchase. On the highway and around town I don't feel like there is any noise increase. City driving may feel a little firmer, but highway driving was smooth.

·
Prefers black cats
14,531 Posts
Here is my review with pics ...

I have made two ~800 mile highway trips, a lot of local driving, and some forest service roads in various states of disrepair, and I am still pleased with the purchase. On the highway and around town I don't feel like there is any noise increase. City driving may feel a little firmer, but highway driving was smooth.
Thank you! Now all I need to do is sell OtherAstroKat on the idea... 😼

·
Registered
333 Posts
X2 on the AT Trails. Awesome in snow, sleet, wet, dirt, etc.
As to OE Falkens, I wouldn't use them to judge the quality if these. Manufacturers put a tire on because they have to, they are going to use the one they get the best deal on. And the tire mfg is going to mfg it to min spec because they want to make money too, and auto mfgs are notorious for lowball pricing to suppliers. "You'll make it back in volume"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs (225/60 R17)

Stock tire size on stock rims.

I have these on my Jeep. They started out awesome, still are in the snow and especually good in mud,but they have lost some in the wet traction area. A lot really. They have about 35k miles on them, wet traction started dropping off after 25k or so. Tread depth is still very good, I expect to get over 50k out of them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 115 Posts