Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was on the fence for a while for wheels and tires for my 21' sport and ended up with this.
Falcon Offroad V2 17x8 +30
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 225 65 17.
No rub but awfully close... especially on full lock. I was also told by my local tire shop that the wildpeaks are actually a hair larger and taller than the equivalent size in the Toyos... Not sure how true that is. Really digging this combo so far, and quieter on road than I expected.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was on the fence for a while for wheels and tires for my 21' sport and ended up with this.
Falcon Offroad V2 17x8
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 225 65 17.
No rub but awfully close... especially on full lock. I was also told by my local tire shop that the wildpeaks are actually a hair larger and taller than the equivalent size in the Toyos... Not sure how true that is. Really digging this combo so far, and quieter on road than I expected.

View attachment 308547

View attachment 308548
Also for people that are considering doing a 65 profile instead of the stock 60, this particular combo raised by ground clearance by between 3/4 of an inch and a full inch. The car is noticeably higher off the ground w/o lift.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,546 Posts
Also for people that are considering doing a 65 profile instead of the stock 60, this particular combo raised by ground clearance by between 3/4 of an inch and a full inch. The car is noticeably higher off the ground w/o lift.
Actually it's 0.45 inches increased ground clearance. 28.6" vs the stock 27.7"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually it's 0.45 inches increased ground clearance. 28.6" vs the stock 27.7"
I know that's what the written specs show, but it's a little more actually measured out in person. I measured the stock wheels and tires right at 27.6 and then the Falken's almost exactly at 29.1, which is pretty much .5 of an inch taller than listed.
My local tire shop said the same thing, one of the guys switched from 235 65 17 open countries to the same size falken wildpeak at3's on his outback and said the falkens were larger.
Did another 50 miles or so on these tire/wheels this morning including some rocky fireroads near Mt. Baldy - handles great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Black Rhino Boxer - 17x8 +40 Offset 5x100
Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus - 225/65R17

I have NO RUBBING, NO TRIMMING, NO LIFT, NO SPACERS, STOCK SPLASH GUARDS, NO NOTHING but wheels and tires.

See my signature for Build Journal w/ more pictures.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
BR Rumble 16“
+15 offset
Toyo AT3s 215/70/16
View attachment 308553

Can you post more photos please. I have also this color on my 2021XV hybrid and I am planning exactly this rims/tires setup (rims in different color). Did you noticed some improvement in the ride comfort over small rocks, bumps and holes when driving in the city for example? 215/70/16 have 20% more high on the side wall of the tire (225/55/18 my stock tyres), and I suppose the the ride will be much confortable... am I right?

·
Registered
'21 CGK Limited Smurf
18 Posts
Can you post more photos please. I have also this color on my 2021XV hybrid and I am planning exactly this rims/tires setup (rims in different color). Did you noticed some improvement in the ride comfort over small rocks, bumps and holes when driving in the city for example? 215/70/16 have 20% more high on the side wall of the tire (225/55/18 my stock tyres), and I suppose the the ride will be much confortable... am I right?
I will try to take some tomorrow! As to your other questions I have no real answer. I just got this car and haven't really driven it yet. The difference in comfort, not to sure, I had the wheels and tires before the Trek got delivered and swapped them right away and sold the stock ones. BUT I def dont care much about holes anymore :LOL: You notice them but dont worry about your ride falling apart. For me 15 seemed to small and 75% of all people drive 15‘‘ ( I wanted different) and with 17‘‘ I wasn't sure if I would get enough rubber on there, without a lift anyways.

edit: just saw you re also german. Haha. moin moin ;)

·
Registered
'21 CGK Limited Smurf
18 Posts
Do they come with TÜV certificate? They have an +15 offset that would be the only concern I would have, given the fact that you are in Deutschland and the regulations are 👎🏻 Not sure if they would let you get away with Einzelabnahme
Hood Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey

Hood Automotive tire Plant Tread Road surface

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
'21 CGK Limited Smurf
18 Posts
Uh! Not good. Offset of +15 is too small and the tyres stick out too much.... I must figure another dimension to fit my car....
I have noticed most 15’’ and even 17” come with a less aggressive offset. Even BR. I know the rumbles come in 15 and 17 inch as well, maybe have a look what else is available. Good luck
And yeah, not missing much about germany

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium w/Manual Transmission
12 Posts
Black Rhino Boxer - 17x8 +40 Offset 5x100
Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus - 225/65R17

I have NO RUBBING, NO TRIMMING, NO LIFT, NO SPACERS, STOCK SPLASH GUARDS, NO NOTHING but wheels and tires.

See my signature for Build Journal w/ more pictures.

View attachment 308665
Any idea what the loss on odometer and MPH is for the bigger size? I saw a thread that is was pretty minimal, but asking for your opinion.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts