Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love it !
Any pics looking up the side of the Trek ? Curious as to how the offset is, I went with a +40 offset rim, waiting for them to arrive. But now sure how the rim and tires will sit.
Thanks!

2021 Sport - Stock
Sparco Terra 16x7 +35
General Grabber AT/X 215/70-16
RokBlokz 2018+ XV Flaps without OEM Splashguards - No Rub
View attachment 305936

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love it !
Any pics looking up the side of the Trek ? Curious as to how the offset is, I went with a +40 offset rim, waiting for them to arrive. But now sure how the rim and tires will sit.
Thanks!
Edited the original post with more pics - I've got the Alignment set at -1.0 camber in the front - and its (0) poke or inset with the 215-70-16 's . This is exactly what was trying to do, no inset (sunk in) or poke out and getting the muddy rooster tails missing the mudflaps down the doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome ! Thanks for adding some more pics .
It looks great !! The tires are at a perfect position .

This will be my goal as well .. I went with a 225/70R16 for my set up, my rims will be 16x7.5 with an offset of +40 .

Based on the offset, I already know they may be slightly in side the fender, which is perfectly fine.
I had tires poking out the fenders of my Wrangler and the rear fenders were battered with rocks.

I don't want that to happen with the doors on my trek lol

Edited the original post with more pics - I've got the Alignment set at -1.0 camber in the front - and its (0) poke or inset with the 215-70-16 's . This is exactly what was trying to do, no inset (sunk in) or poke out and getting the muddy rooster tails missing the mudflaps down the doors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 base model, stock 17" wheels
225 65R 17 BFG KO2's no rub, no issues.
$921to my door from tire rack.
Les Slob quoted me $1350 for just the tires which they said would not fit without a $650 lift...
Thanks everyone for chiming in here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having a set of KO2's on the Truck, I know, I know, they LOOK the best. However being my daily driver also, I went with the Toyo OpenCountry AT3's 225/65/17's on the Stock 2021 Rims. View attachment 301802 View attachment 301803 View attachment 301801
I know u already know but I must say they looking awesome!!! I recently got a 2014 Subaru Outback 3.5 limited.. and I looking and researching to replace the factory tires and wheels with some beefy ones..

·
Registered
5 Posts
How long you been running these? Any rubbing or issues? Could you include a photo showing how much the tire comes outside of the wheel well/fender?
No rubbing at all. No issues at all. This photo was actually taken at the tire shop that mounted and balanced these. Also got them to move the stock TPMS sensors over to these tires so that I still get TPMS on the dash (highly recommend).

I'll see if I have a pic of the back to send, or I can take one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No rubbing at all. No issues at all. This photo was actually taken at the tire shop that mounted and balanced these. Also got them to move the stock TPMS sensors over to these tires so that I still get TPMS on the dash (highly recommend).

I'll see if I have a pic of the back to send, or I can take one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right on. Thanks for the additional info. Whenever I get them mounted and balanced I'll ask about moving the TPMS sensors over.

How long ago did you get these mounted/how long you been driving on these?

If you can send a photo of the back end, that'd be great. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right on. Thanks for the additional info. Whenever I get them mounted and balanced I'll ask about moving the TPMS sensors over.

How long ago did you get these mounted/how long you been driving on these?

If you can send a photo of the back end, that'd be great. Thanks again!
I've had these on for about a month now, but I put about 8000 miles on them driving cross country. Did a tire rotation halfway through. It's been a great set up. I hated the 18" Stock wheels that came on the Limited trim (trying to sell those as we speak). Here's a few more photos, none of the back I'm afraid!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any chance you've managed to record a MPG and noise difference before and after having this setup?

I just got a 18 premium and I want to upgrade the wheels and tires if I can keep it above 30mpg and keep noise no higher than it currently is. After driving a tacoma with ko2's its nice having a little peace and quiet on the highway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hard to say. The roof rack on the top may not be helping but I’m definitely not getting 30. Somewhere between 25-27 on the highway after doing loooong drives. Without the rack it might knock on 30, but doubtful.
Noise isn’t distracting or anything. I keep the radio up maybe 5 more notches to offset the noise.

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
353 Posts
Falken WildPeak A/T Trail - stock size on a Limited.

I've noticed an ever so slight increase in road noise, or maybe it's just a change in the timbre of the road noise. But it is not bothersome and I don't notice it at all with the music on.
I don't feel any significant difference in road manners. Handling is fine, ride is good.
I've been on surface roads, highway, gravel roads, and forest service roads and they have behaved well on all.
I have only had these on for about 300 miles and I don't seem to see a difference in gas mileage with mixed driving (as measured by the car). I think a little time will tell).
I don't do any off-roading where I need to worry about losing my oil pan, getting bogged to the door handles, or wedged between house-sized boulders, but these tires do give a bit of extra confidence on eroded forest service roads with stream crossings and muddy inclines

41 - 55 of 55 Posts