Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Premium
63 Posts
Having a set of KO2's on the Truck, I know, I know, they LOOK the best. However being my daily driver also, I went with the Toyo OpenCountry AT3's 225/65/17's on the Stock 2021 Rims.
Man I like the way those look. Still happy with that choice? I've got a '19 Premium that I'm debating tires for. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First post here, very grateful of all the posts on this forum, figured I can at least help the conservative folks like me confirm a set 16” wheels/tires fit.

2016 Crosstrek Premium in dark grey, no lift
16” Motegi MR139 wheels
215/65R16 Yokohama Geolandar G015

Might be obvious to some, but for the record, they fit.

This is how it’ll look on a dark grey Crosstrek.

And when it’s a little dirty:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Folks,

2018 CGK 6MT - New to the forum, but it’s been a great tool for me already.
I recently laced up some Black Rhino Units (15x7 +15) with Toyo AT3s 215/75r15 with no issues. Of course, no lift, and no rub.

Love the look, do you have wheel spacers?
Thanks so much! No, not running spacers at. Just running it on stock suspension as spec’d in the post.

Attachments

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,936 Posts
No, don't see that. You would need an awful lot of weight to bottom out your suspension, and even then should not touch. Remember, this size reduces your clearance by only 1/2 inch (1 inch increase diameter with this size).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I install my KO2'S (225 65R17 ) for about 3 months and they are perfect, no issues with rubbing or bottoming out. Don't hesitate in getting them, you will loose a couple of mpg but is worth it.
define a "couple mpg's" im getting 30ish right now and mine is my daily--

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited w/ Eyesight
8 Posts
Mounted up the new setup on the wife’s 18’ Limited today. Did a lot of reading and it seemed like nobody had issues running 225/65r17s on 18+ w/ stock wheels and some aftermarket. However I did have a minor rub in the front of the fender well while locked in reverse.

I guess the slightly more negative offset attributes to that, because guys on stock wheels say they have zero rubbing. Oh well. Nothing a heat gun and massaging of the inner fender wells can’t fix! Still super tight though, jeez. Will take it for another spin tomorrow and see if that fixed the problem.

Definitely changed the look of the car! I was even surprised how much more they poke out of the fenders considering they are +28 and stock are +55.

RRW RR5-V Rims
225/65r17 Toyo AT3’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there, sorry for the late response. I'm averaging around 27mpg, also this is my daily drive. My crosstrek is manual so if you have a CVT in theory you should get better mileage
ended up going with stock sized toyo open country AT3's so far hasnt affected MPG at all :)

·
Registered
2014 XV Crosstrek Premium
6 Posts
Like post #22, this is a first gen with "minus one" wheel diameter but close to stock overall tire diameter.

Radius WI16 16x6.5, +48mm (stock) offset, Gorilla wheel lock system nuts, Falken WildPeak A/T Trail 215/65R16.
On a spring bathroom scale, it looks like I'm adding four pounds per corner compared to (discontinued) ASA alloys with stock Geolanders.
If a full size tire fit in the spare well I'd buy a fifth assembly. I still might.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
22 Posts
In hopes of minimizing the inevitable posts of 'Will this XYZ Wheel/Tire Combo fit...'

Have a verified NO LIFT Wheel/Tire combo which works? - Post it here!

If not OEM wheel, please post the Wheel brand & specs

Tire Manufacturer & Size.

Providing an image would be helpful. Or link to a post that has said picture in it....
The Method 502's with BFG KO2's in 15 inch 215's fit just fine, no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek Premium 5 MT
1 Posts
I was just coming to post!
2014 with Falken Wildpeak 225/65/R17, no lift. Rubbed a tiny bit on the rear, but nothing a little trim didn't fix. Had them on almost a week now, with no issu
I was just coming to post!
2014 with Falken Wildpeak 225/65/R17, no lift. Rubbed a tiny bit on the rear, but nothing a little trim didn't fix. Had them on almost a week now, with no issues.

View attachment 302043

View attachment 302044

View attachment 302045
Did you Have to put wheel spacers in to clear the struts? Looking to put that exact same setup on my 2016. Stock rims and all. Thanks!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts