Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the 34th day of my confinement. I made a surveillance system for the foster kittens with an old PetCube, a two-channel dash cam, and lots of 3M low-residue duct tape:

Cat bed:

Reactions: MA Subie

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
How's everyone getting along? Any personal bonds strengthened as a result of this stupid stupid lock-down? Any new family members joining you on the 8-month horizon?

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How's everyone getting along? Any personal bonds strengthened as a result of this stupid stupid lock-down? Any new family members joining you on the 8-month horizon?
LOL! Not for us. But I've heard there will be a lot of Coronials, starting in about eight months... ?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
LOL! Not for us. But I've heard there will be a lot of Coronials, starting in about eight months... ?
There's a lady in the Philippines who named her new-born twins Corona and Covid. I thought that was kinda clever and reflective of a healthy perspective..?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Those names might go viral! Sorry, I couldn't help it.

artosa
? When the kids get older and ask about their names she could explain to them that they were named after a virus that everyone was afraid would wipe out the human race. Poor kids! ?

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
? When the kids get older and ask about their names she could explain to them that they were named after a virus that everyone was afraid would wipe out the human race. Poor kids! ?
LMAO @artosa!

@Okie Hick I wondered that. They've gone to great lengths with this one NOT to name it after a person, a country, an animal, etc. due to the repercussions from previous ones...

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
306 Posts
Around my office some of us are calling it "The Boomer Remover" it's a pretty even split between people who think it's funny people who don't. It'll be pretty interesting to see what happens in construction over the next decade or so; our workforce is rapidly graying and there are not enough young people going into the trades to replace them.

So AstroKats: We're getting pics/vids of kittens right?

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Around my office some of us are calling it "The Boomer Remover" it's a pretty even split between people who think it's funny people who don't. It'll be pretty interesting to see what happens in construction over the next decade or so; our workforce is rapidly graying and there are not enough young people going into the trades to replace them.

So AstroKats: We're getting pics/vids of kittens right?
I was just waiting for someone to ask... ????

This is Pixie, the braver one, and the first to pose for a pic (although, I think that look means that if I get any closer I'll lose a hand). The cat on the pillow is Kody (also our profile pic).

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think someone has too much time on their hands ... and it's not the kittens. ;)
It actually turned out to be quite useful. The kittens also have too much time on their paws and besides eating and napping they spend it trying to find ways around my cardboard barricades so they can hide under the bed. Now I can see where the gaps in the defenses are. I need more duct tape...

·
Registered
306 Posts
It actually turned out to be quite useful. The kittens also have too much time on their paws and besides eating and napping they spend it trying to find ways around my cardboard barricades so they can hide under the bed. Now I can see where the gaps in the defenses are. I need more duct tape...
This is the story I need today. How about some updates? We can help you strategize.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the story I need today. How about some updates? We can help you strategize.
LOL, maybe start with the best kind of duct tape to use? My preference for this application is 3M low residue but I'm now running low. I also have some Duck brand and some Gorilla Tape. Does the color matter?

Is a trip to the hardware store for this considered essential? ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm pretty sure black duct tape is preferred, or at least leopard print.

Hardware stores are "essential" in AZ, and I can tell you that the people watching is divine ;)

So what's the story on the kittens? Feral strays?

Below is my cat watching the window. I bird hit it the other day, so now she stands watch all day and night just in case another bird shows up. Even with the blind closed.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess it should be black to match the cats! We rescue and foster black cats because they're harder to adopt (superstition mostly, and also that they don't photograph well).

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Phase II: I configured an old Android phone as a webcam and can now have Zoom sessions with the kittens via an old Windows PC! ?

We're registered fosters with Kitten Rescue in Los Angeles: Kitten Rescue • Los Angeles

These two were from a feral litter that was rescued.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Sarang, only just saw the pic of your gorgeous black kitty! You must have edited after I first read the post.

Ours stare at imaginary bugs on the walls... ?

Reactions: Sarang

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This morning I added some extra lighting to the kittens' "studio", plus a catnip plant. Should make for some fun video clips... ?

Here's the other one (because there aren't enough pictures of cats on the Internet yet). She's not as pissed off at being rescued as her sister:

Reactions: Sarang

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I could post the Zoom link but I've been advising my clients that it's a really bad idea to post Zoom links on social media... ?

And besides, OAK goes in there in her bathrobe in the morning, to pet them... ? ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts