Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the King Springs from Primitive installed. The OEM dampers were reused as they were in good condition. Car has less than 10k miles.

Measurements are From ground to center of fender.

Stock:
Front - 29 7/8"
Rear - 29 3/4"

Kings after 200 miles:
Front - 30 1/4"
Rear - 30 3/4"

Front was raised by 3/8", Rear was raised by 1".

Part #'s from Primitive are: KSFS-55 & KSRS-56

Overall ride is firm.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spring information for future folks that search:

Rallitek makes a rear overload spring; lifts 1/2" in rear; spring rate is listed as 355#

Mann Engineering offers a 1" lift spring set: Front is 206# & Rear is 155#

King offers the Forester Spring that also fits XV Crosstrek; advertised at 5/8" Lift from Primitive, actual on my XV was 3/8" Front & 1" Rear; per rates listed on Forester Forum, Front is 250# & Rear is 250#

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turns out the OEM Rear shocks are not up to the task. The rear end of the XV is now under damped/over sprung. Primitive indicated the springs would be at the top if the damper range, but would be fine. Guess it's time to get new rear dampers. Looking to find something different than the KYB's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In regards to changing out the struts, has anyone looked into something like Koni Inserts? I don't know enough about suspension setups to weigh in on this, but I have done an install with these on a friend's wrx wagon, and they rode very very well when matched with the correct spring. Anyone have info on this being possible with Kings?

·
Registered
943 Posts
KYB is the only replacement strut at this time. I do know that Bilstein is developing one for the Crosstrek just not sure when they will be available.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only company that responds is KYB. I've attempted to get my hands on Tein & Cusco gravel dampers with no luck. Dealers provide false promises and never call you back. I did speak to a Custom shock builder in the U.K. And will probably go that route once my stock shocks are dead

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone had success with their King Springs?

I just bought a 2019 Crosstrek that the dealer installed Primitive Racing lift kit with King Springs.

I’ve had it back in their shop for over a week chasing a suspension rattle. They were able to resolve the rear with new top hats but not the front passenger.

It rattles a bit over bumps. Primitive said the new Global Platform body may have the springs sitting a bit out of place and is not a safety issue.

I have a hard time believing this is normal.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had 4 King Spring coils from Primitive installed in my 2015 XV limited with 120K miles on it without replacing any of the struts. I had a 4 wheel alignment done at TFT afterwards after 500 or so miles on my friend's recommendation. I noticed an alarming "bang" coming from the passenger front for about 1000 miles and the issue mysteriously resolved itself without any further work being done to it.

I was terrified because it was the only "mod" I have ever done to a vehicle and I am the most OCD car owner with respect to maintenance of my vehicle. The bang was seriously loud and jarring and I was about to ask for my money back before the problem went away without me doing anything to resolve it.

I would have to assume there is some suspension settling going on with the king springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts