Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Impreza had this problem last year key getting stuck in ignition. Dealer said to make
sure to push when you put key in this solved the problem last year but it started doing it again
the past week anyone else have this problem.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Apparently a bunch of people had this problem. From our southern neighbours:

March 23, 2018 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: 16-112-18R
Components: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

NHTSA ID Number: 10133528

Manufacturer Communication Number: 16-112-18R

Summary

This bulletin announces a design change to the CVT select lever (shifter) mechanism in response to isolated customer concerns of not being able to remove the key from the ignition switch when the vehicle is in Park. The cause is contamination of the Park-Range switch internal components

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/SUBARU/CROSSTREK/SW/AWD#manufacturerCommunications

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck

I had the same problem I have a 2016 Subaru crosstrek and even though the part they changed was redesigned park range shift I still had to pay $270 because my car was out of warranty with 44000 miles. I wouldn’t mind paying if it was wear and tear that caused the issue. Apparently Subaru had multiple issues with this. Why else would they redesign that part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealership told me I needed a new shift plate and that is what was causing the key to get stuck in the ignition even though I was in park. They quoted me $485 which I can’t afford right now. I took the bottom off the steering column and disconnected the wire to the ignition that controls the sensor. Now the key will come out when the car isn’t in park but I can get the key out until I can afford the repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this problem fixed for $420.39! I was very outraged as this my first Subaru, a 2015 Crosstrek , with only 35,000 miles on it. The part cost $61! I immediately called Subaru Corporation from the parking lot of the dealership. Without hesitation they offered to give me a complete refund which they did within seven days! Contact Subaru Corporation...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fixed this issue in my 2013 Crosstrek by removing the steering column shielding (two screws are present while turning the steering wheel) and disconnecting the connection to the key chamber.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue with mine 2015 crosstrek... It was the cylinoid in the gear shift... Thank gawd it was under warranty... Had to FIGHT the dealership, because they thought I was crazy... after a couple of calls to Corporate ... It was fixed...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts