Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my Factory crossbars and Yakima J-hook kayak carrier and something is completely wrong. I followed the directions works for word and it just doesn’t look safe. Seems like a poor design right from the start. I’ve included pictures. Please help me out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The back one looks like mounted front to back... so can you turn it?? in front the angel to the kayak is right, back not... looks like mounted opposite direction… hope you understand what i mean...

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I had a good look at instruction manuals from Subaru and related Yakima products but can’t figure out how anyone expects them to be level on a Subaru crossbar. Square or round, sure but I think the OEM bars have a more pronounced curve than aftermarket ones.

I had the same problem with my Rhino Nautic 581 kayak carrier but at least I could solve my issue by brining the two rear ones and the crossbars closer together.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Can you reverse the back rack to face front or is it only one way?

artosa

Reactions: Gorli

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah thats what i meaned too, and yes it should be possible. the angle is on the wrong side, so its just to turn... At the end is it a simple thing to see, its not rocketsience. But he dont wrote a response since so maybe he lost the kayak already…?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts