Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I will be posting some pics soon and will make a thread keeping up with all of my upgrades, exchanges, and so on. I bought it for the fuel economy and ability to pull. I commute about an hour to school every day of the week and simply cant afford to pay for the gas in a truck or larger suv... soo after looking around for a month or two I decided on the XV. I am currently starting the building of a teardrop trailer that I will post about too, as this is pretty exciting and I am definitely a hands on person. First upgrade: a hidden hitch, most likely the tork lift eco hitch. SOON. Gotta be able to pull my trailer and dirtbikes around! BTW I caught a great deal on this guy... 24000 with just over 100 miles. Loaded for the most part and very nice. Not a scratch or ding on it.

Wishlist: (in order)
Hitch and trailer light wiring
Badge Removal
Bug deflector
Wheel paint or new rims (not sure that I like the exposed aluminum area)
HID headlights and foglights... maybe projector lights if I can find a quality set for a good price
LED lightbar (in grill or lower area of bumper)
All weather floor mats (wish it had come with them)

And thats about it until I get a little better idea of what I'd like to change.

Any help or info would be great on any of these items! And yes, I look through the forums before asking stupid questions haha, not my first forum experience.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It will be cool to see your teardrop trailer. When you get your hitch you will have to post a pic of the xv hauling those dirt bikes! Good one for the calendar! (I'm kinda partial)

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Sport 6 MT
3,340 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It will be cool to see your teardrop trailer. When you get your hitch you will have to post a pic of the xv hauling those dirt bikes! Good one for the calendar! (I'm kinda partial)
Yes I second the motion pics, please ,are you going to paint the Tear drop trailer the same color as your new Baby, perhaps rear fog light, wired to the fronts, how about Led lighting all around,several forums with great photo's of before and afters, have a look at CSSM " Sunnie" for the rear LED thread for rear LED lamp assembly replacement as well.

Troutbum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I am going to go with a nice wood finish on the teardrop, oldschool style! It will be a fairly offroad capable trailer, I am picking it up tomorrow to begin construction. Just had it built, it is blocked up 3 inches for a little more ground clearance and super solid! I'll make a thread about it when I get a chance to take some pics, supposed to rain all weekend.... meh. Ill probably weld a hitch receiver on the rear of it to accept bike carriers and what not. I plan on doing it right, cause I'll be taking it on a road trip from south mississippi to Oregon in late may... too excited to describe haha. As for the car I am already looking at LED lighting replacement, I'll have to spread it all out time wise though. Just ordered my Torklift hitch! gotta have to to tote the trailer... slightly expensive but definitely worth not having the air drag and keeping it tucked away for ground clearance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah pics will be first order of business ha. Do you do a lot of riding? I am heading out to the trails on sunday if this weather clears up a little bit.

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts