Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Premium 6MT Horizon Blue Pearl
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New to Subaru and the forum. I wanted to get a manual Crosstrek before/if they are discontinued. So after kicking it around and not finding one at any dealership, I just decided to order one. Delivery notice sets it at last week of November 2021. I hope that's true, I was expecting a much longer wait having to order one. This one may already exist but all I've received so far is the Vehicle Order Number.

Now just excited and waiting.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Hello and welcome! I got my 18' MT Sport for the same reason. I think they're keeping the MT until the next gen, which should be 2023.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Luck and welcome to the MT family. I had to wait 3 months after ordering mine back in 19'. I would suggest checking out the short throw shifter, stop and bushings from Perrin, made a world of difference for me.

·
Registered
21 Premium 6MT Horizon Blue Pearl
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a shame that they don't offer more manuals but I get it. Us Americans are lazy drivers. I wanted a forester, but no stick. If only the new 2.5 had the stick I'd trade up.

Sent from my H8296 using Tapatalk
It's sad. Even trucks are no longer available with a stick, unless you want a Tacoma or Gladiator.

·
Premium Member
'21 'Trek Sport
33 Posts
Hello. New to Subaru and the forum. I wanted to get a manual Crosstrek before/if they are discontinued. So after kicking it around and not finding one at any dealership, I just decided to order one. Delivery notice sets it at last week of November 2021. I hope that's true, I was expecting a much longer wait having to order one. This one may already exist but all I've received so far is the Vehicle Order Number.

Now just excited and waiting.
Very cool. Didn't cross my mind as I locked down a new one (on the way), but wish I had thought of it... Miss driving stick!

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek touring 6MT
12 Posts
I ordered a ‘21 MT mid august and they told me early october to receive mine… I’m not convinced it will be this « fast » but we’ll see…

·
Registered
2017 silver Crosstrek Premium 5MT "Luna"
12 Posts
That's funny about that short-throw stick mod, I have already kind of adapted to the stock by shifting with my fingers, instead of my arm, mostly to 2nd and 4th gears, and after a couple months the overall muscle memory with the clutch action too has taken. So the mind-meld has succeded and am finally able to really enjoy the full experience.

·
Registered
2019 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
481 Posts
Welcome and enjoy... good choice!
On another note, the car has fantastic synchros. Shifting from 3rd to 4th without depressing the cluch is really smooth (the funny thing is that it confuses the gear indicator which remains stuck on the previous speed).

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I got called after 6pm EST to come do paperwork on ordered car so they could get it on the books for End of month, and I agreed because I was being a dumbass and was excited. I was paying cash and told them I couldnt go by my bank till the next day and they say that was fine. Got a relative to drive me and hour out there, did the paperwork, went to the finance person to negotiate a fair price for the gold warranty package for which she wouldn’t budge, so I didnt get it, and went out to leave in my car and the engine light came on with multiple warning lights and I couldn’t leave in the car, they gave me a loaner car and the next day(today) wanted me to come out an exchange cars because mine had dealer tags and wasn’t a service loaner. My new car is still broke, they aren’t sure what wrong with it yet, but still demanded my bank check to pay for my new car that I couldn’t leave with, and still wasn’t sure what was wrong it. WTF is wrong with these dealerships. I told them I wouldn’t pay
for a band new broken car unless they would back it up with a warranty and they still wouldn’t budge. Got my 1k
downpayment back on the ordered new car, I kept my certified bank check and had to get a ride home from the salesman. What a clusterfuck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts