Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just logged 1,900 km on our 2018 Crosstrek Limited CVT. I completed 4 mostly-highway runs totalling 354 km over the past two days. One run included an absolute stop-and-go traffic jam that took an extra 30 minutes on our trip, and one other leg included a 30-minute run in downtown traffic.

I only calculate my readings from filling up at the same gas pump so I know my readings are pretty accurate. Over my last 354 km I used 7.36 l/100 km which is pretty decent for a barely broken in vehicle. I'm very impressed with the mileage, and it's way better that my 2014 Crosstrek Limited 5-speed.

As the car continues to break in, this number can only get better. I'm one happy guy who doesn't need or want a turbo to suck more gas!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have just logged 1,900 km on our 2018 Crosstrek Limited CVT. I completed 4 mostly-highway runs totalling 354 km over the past two days. One run included an absolute stop-and-go traffic jam that took an extra 30 minutes on our trip, and one other leg included a 30-minute run in downtown traffic.

I only calculate my readings from filling up at the same gas pump so I know my readings are pretty accurate. Over my last 354 km I used 7.36 l/100 km which is pretty decent for a barely broken in vehicle. I'm very impressed with the mileage, and it's way better that my 2014 Crosstrek Limited 5-speed.

As the car continues to break in, this number can only get better. I'm one happy guy who doesn't need or want a turbo to suck more gas!
That's pretty good. I've logged roughly 12,000 kms on my Crosstrek and average about 8.3 L/100km. My worst was 10.1 L/km when it was windy for an entire week. My kms are mostly highway.

·
Registered
978 Posts
32.2 mpg.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Not bad. I’m sitting at about 5600km and average 6.3L in my 18’ MT but most of my driving is highway between Ottawa and home. I usuallly set the cruise at 80 and 100.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Over my first 4 fill ups I've been averaging a consistent 7.6l/100km or 30.8mpg. The car itself tells me I've been getting over 35mpg so that particular gauge has been quite optimistic.

·
Registered
102 Posts
First tank or two I was getting 23 mpg (car was telling me 26 so mine is also very optimistic). Now it's telling me 23 mpg after new wheels, tires and LED bar/roof box, so I'm guessing I'm getting around 19-20 mpg.

·
Registered
79 Posts
10.1L/km?!? How did you manage to get between gas stations? :sFun_whistle:
Haha... I meant 10.1 L/100kms. But when I was running race fuel in the WRX, it felt like I was getting 10L/km... lol.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Over my first 4 fill ups I've been averaging a consistent 7.6l/100km or 30.8mpg. The car itself tells me I've been getting over 35mpg so that particular gauge has been quite optimistic.
I’ve been reading people’s conversions from l/100km to mpg...converting using US gallons (3.785 litres) or imperial gallons (4.5 litres). 7.6l/100km converts to 30.8...using the American gallon or 37 mpg using the imperial gallon. In Canada we normally use the imperial gallon so I convert using that gallon size...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’ve been reading people’s conversions from l/100km to mpg...converting using US gallons (3.785 litres) or imperial gallons (4.5 litres). 7.6l/100km converts to 30.8...using the American gallon or 37 mpg using the imperial gallon. In Canada we normally use the imperial gallon so I convert using that gallon size...
You mean that now I have to report my mileage three different ways? Fuelly tells me that I have now filled up 55 times and the average over my past 10 fill ups is 32.1 US MPG - 38.5 Imperial MPG - 7.3 L/100KM. My MPGs have fallen in the past few fill ups as winter has set in.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You mean that now I have to report my mileage three different ways? Fuelly tells me that I have now filled up 55 times and the average over my past 10 fill ups is 32.1 US MPG - 38.5 Imperial MPG - 7.3 L/100KM. My MPGs have fallen in the past few fill ups as winter has set in.
No...I’m just used to the Canadian mpg...even though our system is metric...it switched the year I started high school...so i am still old school when it comes to mileage. I can’t use fuely bc my wife never keeps track of how much gas she gets or what the mileage on the current tank of gas is. And winter does drop the mileage a tad...that cold warm up period of driving really hurts it.

I have an ultraguage in our Outback which tells me how many km per litre I am getting. In the summer...warmer weather I am around 12.2-12.4 on the highway...driving 60-65 mph. Now in the colder weather it is around 11.8...ish. Makes a difference over the tankful...I drive about 190 km a day...highway so I really notice it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts