Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally spend my money to order OBD2 piggyback that is labeled as stage 3, impression so far is quite good.
- Increase linearity of accelerator (before is slight delay during light throttle, and suddenly rush into mid range)
- Low rpm response is more torquey
- Mid range medium acceleration seems more economical, with throttle valve open in more linear and slower
- Full throttle, havent tried so much but more power can be felt

it may not add 20-30 HP, but the linear acceleration somehow makes driving the car feel like normal car rather than slow hesitating and rush to speed

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
Yes, the title on my post was a typo
Fixed.

According to the website, it's supposed adjust to the car itself... I wonder how much changes it does from 'stock' to the average car and what happens if you do some aftermarket additions - ie will it adjust to those as well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank rlouie, so far 1st week mpg drop due to much start and stop urban traffic, however the car feels more agile to close gap on city traffic. Best improvement is on highway in the morning, light touch accelerator (30%) speed up the car steadily till 80 mph. I am still waiting for my heatshield to address my CAI heatsoak that seems reduce the fuel economy.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Seems like it might be worth looking into. The fact (if true) that you can unplug it and return to the cars' ECU mapping would be desirable, as I'm not sure if it would interfere with smog testing. One downside is needing to run 91-92 octane gas, so not sure how it would save me money or improve mpg's. Another question is would it be compatible with the Pedal Commander?

artosa

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
Seems like it might be worth looking into. The fact (if true) that you can unplug it and return to the cars' ECU mapping would be desirable, as I'm not sure if it would interfere with smog testing. One downside is needing to run 91-92 octane gas, so not sure how it would save me money or improve mpg's. Another question is would it be compatible with the Pedal Commander?

artosa
The pedal mapping products are independent of the process so it should be fine with it... however, you might not need it if this product does similar response curve adjustments so why spend the money for an other add-on when it might not be needed.

As for returning the ECU mapping to stock, that's why I'm wondering what would happen to the fuel economy numbers after the product has been removed. It should give you a clear indication if the mappings are returned to stock if the fuel economy drops back down to where it was BEFORE this product was plugged in.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in the view that this actually overwrite the original ECU map, because it seems binking for a while when first connected and my base Long Term Fuel Trim changed from -8.9 to -14.8. When it is connected and you drive aggressively, the fuel meter also drop quite fast which can hit 8km/l. I had tried to remove and seems my LTFT stayed the same, only until I change my fuel to RON 95 recently. So now I can not confirm if this really actually overwrite ECU like you connecting Taxtrix Open Port and flash it.

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
I am in the view that this actually overwrite the original ECU map, because it seems binking for a while when first connected and my base Long Term Fuel Trim changed from -8.9 to -14.8. When it is connected and you drive aggressively, the fuel meter also drop quite fast which can hit 8km/l. I had tried to remove and seems my LTFT stayed the same, only until I change my fuel to RON 95 recently. So now I can not confirm if this really actually overwrite ECU like you connecting Taxtrix Open Port and flash it.
Thanks for the update. It SEEMS that the statement they made about removing it will revert the maps to OEM settings maybe just to scare owners into leaving it installed rather than installing it, let it update, and then removing it and selling it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the update. It SEEMS that the statement they made about removing it will revert the maps to OEM settings maybe just to scare owners into leaving it installed rather than installing it, let it update, and then removing it and selling it...
For those of us looking for something that won't leave a trace, that's not good :(

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
For those of us looking for something that won't leave a trace, that's not good :(
Nope.

BUT you can combine it with a Tactrix which will back up and restore your current maps for about the same price as someone tunes alone. For the remote tunes, you would need to purchase a Tactrix anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nope.

BUT you can combine it with a Tactrix which will back up and restore your current maps for about the same price as someone tunes alone. For the remote tunes, you would need to purchase a Tactrix anyway.
Wouldn't those also leave a fingerprint?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It depends, ot may or may not leave fingerprint. Same the way like rewrite the firmware on your android phone

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It depends, ot may or may not leave fingerprint. Same the way like rewrite the firmware on your android phone

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am ordering tactrix open port bit havent received, so there is still no chance to compare the current map with base map. One thing I remember with oe intake and air filter, even aggressive driving will not cause mpg drop significantly. Now with aem intake, and jdm prom this seems no longer the case, even and on my last trip actually i took out the jdm prom but seems the car mpg more or less the same bad oce you run ard 100 mph.

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
Wouldn't those also leave a fingerprint?
Yes supposedly as the system is supposed to record the number of time the system has been programmed. So, it should be as simple as checking the service record on how many times the system has been programmed to see if the system has been programmed outside of Subaru control.

Of course, that's assuming that they check AND that they believe the records are accurate - ie who knows if the techs are supposed to record every reprogramming or just to say they have done it (might have had to do it multiple times during troubleshooting but only recorded once).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts