Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a 2021 Sport as a dealer buyback with ~10k miles on it. Previously I had been wandering through the desert in my Ford Ranger. I stuck with some jeeps on some classic 4wd trails in Moab and Hurricane and in the process learned a lot, beat my truck to hell, and was rescued a few times by a particular YouTuber. The truck remains capable of doing just about anything off-road, but it sucks in the city. Most of the roads I get on to go climbing or camping don't need a truck, so enter the Scooby.

With a long history of a 1991 Legacy Turbo, a 1996 Impreza 2dr, and a 2000 Forester it feels good to be back in a Subaru. As much as I like to wrench on cars I need to keep myself in check and remember that the Crosstrek is going to be more mild than wild. No lift kits, no winches, no lockers. Camping utility before wheeling ability will be my mantra.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the 18th the full set of Primitive Racing plates arrived. I was fairly impressed that they could turn around an order placed on Friday afternoon and have it to me on Sunday morning. I started with the diff plate. Install was super easy and didn't involve jacking up the car. The only place I deviated from the instructions was to put some blue thread locker on the nuts that connect the plate to the rear bracket.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium 6MT
389 Posts
Looking good! I know what it is like to lose a great wheeling vehicle. Before the Crosstrek, I owned a 2006 Hummer H3 that I built to handle mild rock crawling. I miss the Hummer but I don't miss filling it up to drive in the city. I did a few "upgrades" to the Crosstrek to allow me to reach some fun places offroad with some impact to city performance.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,449 Posts
Interesting that they would buy it back for that reason. I thought it would be something serious. Would've been easier to replace the HU and both parties would be happy!

I'm sure you scored a nice deal when purchasing the vehicle so you must be happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts