Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Crosstrek Limited, White Pearl
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my '19 Limited last night. White with grey / black interior. Has just under 12000 miles on it.

Have only driven it on 2 test drives, then 5 mile drive home and 35 mile drive to work. So far I like it quite a bit. It is a far cry from my '09 Forester. The tech side will take a bit to get used to, but already seeing the improved mpg is a huge plus!

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,129 Posts
Welcome Subie Newbie!

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
757 Posts
Welcome. We too have a 2019 Limited with a two-tone interior. Looks so much better than all-black.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found that I love tech to an extent.
I will say that I like the wife's '17 CRV's interface is much more appealing than the crosstrek in some respects. I find that information is somewhat scattered around (why is fuel economy and speed shown in so many locations?

Not sure if it is available, but on the CRV, there is a feature that tells you the oil life. Basically when the car was new, the oil life had to drop below 20% before I could schedule an oil change, even then they preferred to do it at 15%. I have not seen anything like that yet with the crosstrek, but I am still learning.

The Suabaru Starlink feature does not work for me. I have a 2-yr old android and while AA works fine with Waze, starlink does not. I also have not figured out how to play music from my phone, aside from using google play on phone and the aux jack.

·
Registered
2018 XV 2.0iS CVT in Dark Blue
186 Posts
Hi Javan. The Head / Infotainment units seem to be different between Australia and North America. I used Spotify on my laptop to create playlists then added Spotify App to my Android phone and synched them. After that I could play music by tethering to the USB connected to the Head Unit and use the voice command button on the steering wheel to ask for different playlists or bands. Sometimes I had to be specific eg "Play Muse on Spotify" otherwise Google would tell me I wasn't signed up to play music on certain other apps or view videos on YouTube while driving LOL. I don't know if that helps you to find a better way to play your music. I'm sure the US contingent will give you some suggestions based on their own use. I found the supplementary owner's manual for the Infotainment unit very helpful as well as trouble shooting via Google searches.

I've been using the 'i' button to the bottom left on the steering wheel and the up / down arrows beside it to cycle through the dash screen for things like tyre pressure, changing Eyesight settings like the economy mode for cruise control so you might find something about oil use there. So far I've been checking my oil the old fashioned way via dipstick.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, thanks for this. i am still learning. There is a lot of info there, yet there are things that I feel should there and are not. It will take some time to get used to it all.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the XV forum from Gettysburg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now looking at hitches. Funny, on my '09 Forester, I installed a Class 3 hitch as it was the cheapest option. Every time I looked at it over the years, I felt it looked ridiculous. I had installed a Class 1 on my '05 Forester and it looked fine. So, suffice to say, I am looking to do a Class 1 on this one, assuming I find one that is ascetically pleasing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Suabaru Starlink feature does not work for me. I have a 2-yr old android and while AA works fine with Waze, starlink does not. I also have not figured out how to play music from my phone, aside from using google play on phone and the aux jack.
I'm not an expert on that BUT to play music from the phone, you need to use the USB port and then you can see the music info on the head unit display OR connect it via BT for the same thing. You can then use the <- and -> buttons on the steering wheel to change the song.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts