Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outdoor
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '22 Sport/Outdoor so manual seat adjustments.

I find the seats very comfortable and plush but I have quite long legs and find the front of the seat is too low.

Most cars without electrically adjusting seats still have a knob where you can tilt the front of the seat up. It makes it a lot more comfortable for people with long legs.

For instance I know with the Tacomas you can install these spacers under the front bolts which raises and tilts the seat back a little bit.

Does anyone know if there is something like this for the Trek?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't bought them yet, but I've been thinking about it. If you get them, please let me know how you like them.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Seems sketchy, those brackets don't match the new angle of the seat rail, and nothing accounts for the angle difference in the rear

·
Resident Curmudgeon
2020 Crosstrek Limited
1,231 Posts
I purchased one set of the 'front seat jackers' for the passenger seat of my 2020 Limited. With the power driver's seat, I have plenty of adjustment to get and stay comfortable, but my wife was unhappy with the passenger seat.
She is more comfortable with the front of the seat lifted up by the FSJ's and is much happier now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here's my cut&paste from the "Uncomfortable Seats" thread. The seat jackers have made a world of difference in my comfort. As for the angle difference, it's not an issue. If you get them, note my installation suggestions below.

Based on your post and my unsuccessful attempts to get comfortable in the seat, I purchased these blocks. Amazing! The seat tilts up now to support my legs and the seat back is now at a comfortable slant. I'm 6' and don't like sitting high with my head near the roof. The blocks did not affect the height but put the seat in a more relaxing position. I no longer feel like I'm sitting on my tailbone. Even my wife says my seating position looks more natural. Thank you for this recommendation. I did figure out that, contrary to the installation instructions, on my 2018 6MT, I did not have to remove the plastic cover on the rear of the inside seat rail as the bolt is not covered as it is by the cover on the outside rail. But, if like me, you do remove it, reinstall it before tightening the bolt. The slight tilt in the repositioned seat makes it impossible to reinstall otherwise. Also, I used channel locks to hold the block in position as I torqued it to prevent it from turning with the bolt. For me, it was money well spent.

Doug

·
Registered
2021 PYP Sport
149 Posts
Seems sketchy, those brackets don't match the new angle of the seat rail, and nothing accounts for the angle difference in the rear
I had the same concerns a couple of years ago. I fabbed up virtually the same thing as these seatjackers out of hardwood as proof of concept with the intent to have a set 3D printed. Bottom line is that they worked wonderfully. The OEM seat rails easily flex enough to accommodate the (minor) angle changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts