Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that when you're doing something inside the car, and the lights go out, and you manually turn them on, you then can't tell if they're off when you exit the car? With the door open, the lights are always on. Clicking them on or off doesn't make a difference. The only way you know is to close the door and wait like 20 secs or so.

Am I missing something? Older cars always had on/off/door.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
696 Posts
This does not answer your question but it may help...There is a setting where you can adjust the amount of time that the interior lights remain on after shutting the door. I adjusted ours to 10 seconds. I think one of the settings may be for the interior lights turn off immediately upon shutting the door.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This does not answer your question but it may help...There is a setting where you can adjust the amount of time that the interior lights remain on after shutting the door. I adjusted ours to 10 seconds. I think one of the settings may be for the interior lights turn off immediately upon shutting the door.
Thanks! I don't want to change the timing. Just curious if anyone knows how to determine the on/off setting of the lights before you leave the car (without waiting until they time out).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Im assuming you refer to the fact the timed fade out opposed to the hard on off? I am sure the buttons up on the Map Light array are turned or pushed in or out to turn them off off and then when you open the door they still come on and then fade out slowly according to the timer selection you made in the Upper MFD settings. USDM get a few cooler selections options in the MFD than us Auzzies but this is still one of them. on a similar gripe, I hate the fact I cant turn my Arm Disarm Chirp on or off as you guys can over there, its not Programmed into our version of the MFD firmware. We are instructed to take it to the dealer in the service book, although some on here are talking about the SSM system that can be purchased online that can do it much like the Subaru Service Center version of SSM3 - SSM4 that they use to plug into the OBD2 port. That's a whole other thread topic to be sure.

Also that room light, the one behind your head, in the middle position is ROOM therefore also fades out along with Map Lights linked to the approach or departure settings of the vehicle and is controlled with the MFD setting. OFF is the left side and on on is the right side, as in, Always on
Not even a selection in the MFD over here but it is wired to light up and fade down like the Map Lights for Approach/Departure feature, therefor reacts along with Map Lights when selecting 10 - 20 - 30 seconds in the MFD, as long as it in the middle position on ROOM.

Cheers

·
Registered
872 Posts
Good info here, thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks! I don't want to change the timing. Just curious if anyone knows how to determine the on/off setting of the lights before you leave the car (without waiting until they time out).
On the 2013 turn the ignition key, with the door closed, the courtesy delay is foreshortened when you prepare to drive.

Waiting 20 second and looking in is easier.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the 2013 turn the ignition key, with the door closed, the courtesy delay is foreshortened when you prepare to drive.

Waiting 20 second and looking in is easier.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Thanks!

I don't think anyone understood what I was asking. When I'm sitting in the car, working on stuff, and the lights are going on and off, and I hit the map light to turn it on (or off) I never know what state it's in when I leave the car...

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I'm sitting in the car, working on stuff, and the lights are going on and off, and I hit the map light to turn it on (or off) I never know what state it's in when I leave the car...
I get what you're saying. When you're in the car and the map light is on:
* Is it on because of the courtesy light and it will go out 30s after you open the door
OR
* Is it on because you physically pushed the switch and it will not go out until you turn off the switch

I will experiment later, but if the on/off button is different heights, you can put a mark on the side of the switch. If you see black mark = switch is off, for example. Another more high tech solution is to drill a small hole and add a small plastic LED holder. Tap the switch so this LED is only on when the switch is pressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts