Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OAK just reported this. So glad we got the extended warranty - the factory one just expired last month!

BSD/RCTA warning indicator
(if equipped)
This warning indicator appears when the
BSD/RCTA is malfunctioning. In this case
the BSD/RCTA warning indicator will be
shown on the combination meter display
(color LCD). When this indicator appears,
have your vehicle inspected by your
SUBARU dealer as soon as possible.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please keep us advised of the fix.
Of course, will do. No major problems in three years except the stupid battery. The new Odyssey was a Christmas present for OAK and she knew what it was when she tried to move the box from under the Christmas tree, a small 60lb box, LOL!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I think this was a false alarm. I keep telling people to RTFM and it looks like I misread it! I think the BSD/RCTA was simply turned off inadvertently.

How embarrassing... 😸

·
Prefers non-orange cars
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m torn between wanting to give you grief about the misinterpreted dash light, and wanting to give you grief about the fact that you gave your significant other an automobile battery for Christmas. :p
LOL, what's not to love about an Odyssey AGM, with installation included?! 😸

This year was weird - one of the gifts I bought her was an insulated sous vide bath and a laser printer arrived instead, with a delivery note stuck on it saying that it was a sous vide bath. What's weirder is that I ordered directly from the manufacturer, Anova, and when I contacted them it turned out that we weren't the only ones to get a printer. Warehousing issue...

They don't seem to have a procedure to undo it, so they sent us a "replacement" sous vide bath and we still have the printer.

Reactions: B Dilla Illa

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Actually, I think this was a false alarm. I keep telling people to RTFM and it looks like I misread it! I think the BSD/RCTA was simply turned off inadvertently.

How embarrassing... 😸
Yeah, ours had the light on leaving the lot. I had to go through the users manual to figure out what the hell it was. All is well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here's a helpful webpage to save people the time of paging through the manual to determine what the lighted icons mean on their dash:

Just click on the icon and a description pops up.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
634 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes! The list I made for her... 😸

Don't worry, she got a lot of cool stuff, it was a gag gift. We all had a good laugh when she tried to pick up the gift-wrapped box with her name on it.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
634 Posts
Yes! The list I made for her... 😸

Don't worry, she got a lot of cool stuff, it was a gag gift. We all had a good laugh when she tried to pick up the gift-wrapped box with her name on it.
Glad to hear you didn't have to sleep in the Crosstrek that night. :ROFLMAO:

·
Prefers non-orange cars
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reactions: CubGeek

·
Prefers non-orange cars
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Btw, to confirm, it was the icon for the BSD being accidentally turned off, not the very similar icon for a fault with the BSD...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts