Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just a minor issue but does your head unit display the mp3 album cover art during BT or USB audio input? The cover art doesn't seem to display on mine. I know all my mp3s have the cover art properly embedded into their tag.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea seems to display when I'm using third party apps like aha. But not when I'm using Bluetooth audio from my phone or USB thumb drive with mp3s.. Strange wondering if its just me and other people are experiencing the same thing.
Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have tried converting from a CD and still got nothing. Can you tell me how your MP3s are setup? Such as naming/directory structure/bit rates? Also do you know if the album art is embedded in your MP3 or do you have a separate jpg file for the album on the stick?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I just copied the files from the computer to the USB drive. I had a separate subfolder for each album. After copying, I found out I had too many subfolders so combined a lot of them. Now I have five subfolders under the root with a little under 250 songs in each. I even get album art on songs I recorded off the TV as long as the artist names are the same as artists in songs I ripped from CDs. I don't have separate jpegs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't been able to get any album art via bluetooth from Spotify, Sirius, etc. since day 1. I get the name , channel, & artist fine, but no album art. Not a huge deal, but just odd. I have the 6.2" screen if that matters.

·
Registered
259 Posts
So now that I've had the car a couple weeks, I've noticed it'll show one of four things:

1. Actual album art (if I'm super lucky)
2. Random photo of the band (about 20% of the time)
3. Generic photo of the genre (probably 50% of the time)
4. No photo, just the bluetooth symbol

This is using Spotify on iOS 8.3. All the tracks I've played from iTunes actually show the album art every time, so it's definitely something with the info coming from Spotify. The head unit is a 7" without Nav.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the 6.2" display. I am starting to think it might be mostly isolated to the 6.2" displays. gordonronco only has issues with spotify, not itunes album art. I wish there was better documentation from Subaru on this topic.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've never seen album art ever on my '13 limited 4.3 screen
That screen doesn't support album art.

On my 7" non nav screen, album art displays most of the time when I play music from my iPhone library. Over Bluetooth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the tidbit! I will look for this when I get out of work. Hopefully this setting is on the 6.2" system.
I checked these settings on my 6.2 this morning. Not there. I did try to play files on my phone via bluetooth through Starlink, and the album art showed fine. Hopefully there is a solution. I'm due for my first oil change service soon, so I'll check with the dealer further, I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yup no setting on the 6.2" screen, I looked also. I hope there is a solution too. I tried contacting my dealer, but they were useless and told me to call Subaru directly. Let me know if you find anything out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It depends on the ID3 tagging. If you using MP3's that where ripped from CD or other sources other than a digital music store, chances are the album art information is not included with the file. You can manipulate you ID3 tags using a batch file editor tool like TagScanner. For me all my art info shows on my 7" HU using Bluetooth.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Comes up on ours , even Iron Butterfly cover showed some love.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts