Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last two oil changes were done at the dealer. Since I'm now sheltered in place, I decided to do it myself this time. The oil and filter change couldn't be easier, but resetting the reminder, not so much! I've researched these forums, YouTube, and Google and can't find any info on how to do this on a 2018 Premium. Can anybody out there help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
24 Posts
I don't know about the 2018 but the reset info is on page 3-62 of the 2020 Crosstrek owners manual.
HTH.
-steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply. The 3-62 section of the manual deals with the color LCD information display that is used in the Limited model. I have a Premium model which has a black & white display. I went through the entire instrument section and while it does cover functions for the black & white screen, maintenance isn't one of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your reply. The 3-62 section of the manual deals with the color LCD information display that is used in the Limited model. I have a Premium model which has a black & white display. I went through the entire instrument section and while it does cover functions for the black & white screen, maintenance isn't one of them.
Are you seeing a yellow light on your dash? What makes you think there's an oil life reminder? I have yet to see one on my 2019 Premium.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's been a while now I'm gearing up to do this again- fumbling through the service or maintenance section on the home screen then scrolling down towards bottom of list there is a general maintenance section you can set reminders, alarms, etc. and reset your oil reminder. If I remember right you can set it by miles or time. The adjustments were a bit tricky and I had to make a couple attempts before getting it right. I believe the default was "off" so if you weren't looking for it you'd never know you have it. I turned it on in my wife's 2019 and set to 5,000 miles for next change.

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
You've answered your own question. If you have the B&W display, there is no maintenance reminder to change the oil.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My "oil life reminder" is a Post-It note I stick inside the glove box with the mileage and date I last changed the oil. Yeah, pretty old tech, that writing-on-paper thing. However, this method is never affected by any vehicle or software upgrades.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
761 Posts
I change my oil at 5k mile intervals instead of 6k intervals. Easy to remember 5,10,15,20k...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts