Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have wondered about how long the battery in the key fob of my 2018 Limited Crosstrek would last and didn't want to get stuck with a dead key fob. I just learned that after having the car for just over two and a half years a message appeared on the dash indicating that the key fob battery is low. You can then get a new CR2032 battery and replace the old one in the key fob. This is a very handy feature! I don't know if this warning message appears in other models and MYs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have wondered about how long the battery in the key fob of my 2018 Limited Crosstrek would last and didn't want to get stuck with a dead key fob. I just learned that after having the car for just over two and a half years a message appeared on the dash indicating that the key fob battery is low. You can then get a new CR2032 battery and replace the old one in the key fob. This is a very handy feature! I don't know if this warning message appears in other models and MYs.
thanks for sharing the details!

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,376 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,174 Posts
Didn't know the car could warn us. Thanks. I had a little trouble getting the FOB apart and my wife wouldn't let me use the good blender to pop it open.:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have wondered about how long the battery in the key fob of my 2018 Limited Crosstrek would last and didn't want to get stuck with a dead key fob. I just learned that after having the car for just over two and a half years a message appeared on the dash indicating that the key fob battery is low.
Yep same thing happened to me in the same 2.5 year time frame. I think I only changed the one in the Honda once in 20 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts