·
Registered
2018 XV 2.0iS CVT in Dark Blue
132 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recommend any of the following: a soft microfiber cloth, lens paper, eyeglasses cleaner, or the aforementioned wet thumb. Any will make quick work of the quite minor task. The only time I've had a distorted view was after heavy rain. All I did was gently blot the lens dry. I have not tried this with a bag over my head, but I wish you much success. BTW, your all too brief lens-cleaning activities are unlikely to draw much attention from spouse and neighbors, unless maybe you live in a snow globe. I feel like I've seen this commercial. Attached is what to look for...

Attachments

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,071 Posts
What about an air duster lens cleaner kit like photographers use?
Or this (which also doubles as a very effective device to get cats off dining tables, kitchen counters and other surfaces they know they're NOT allowed on but do it anyway - much more effective than a spray bottle, LOL, as it also makes a hissing sound):

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,091 Posts
In my humble opinion, it stands for In My Humble Opinion.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Sorry for the diversion but I’m curious if there’s any other rubber heads here:

73 TU EE

·
Registered
253 Posts
Next we'll be paying people to clean the camera. Hold on...I have a faint memory that when we bought gas at a "service station" we came away with a clean windshield. Could something like that work for the back up camera? Hmmm....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Next we'll be paying people to clean the camera. Hold on...I have a faint memory that when we bought gas at a "service station" we came away with a clean windshield. Could something like that work for the back up camera? Hmmm....
The rear camera washer and (rear fog lights equipped standard) is a must in Scandinavian countries due to the wintery weather, I believe these should be available in Canada generally due to blizzards/foggy days especially Atlantic provinces in addition to salt belt states.

It is puzzling why they insist on side markers but never considered rear fog lights!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts