Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
My last few tanks were 478, 450, 475 miles. Usually about 50 miles DTE when I fill up. Driving is 80% highway.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My last few tanks were 478, 450, 475 miles.
Mostly highway or all downhill?

I can get about 350 to 375 mostly suburban driving with a 50/50 split commute in a hilly area.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Usually 400-450 on for highway commuting with some around town driving. I usually run it until it has 1 bar left on the gauge.

My record was 520 miles and I averaged 34.3 mpg on that tank, and that was by accident and almost ended badly. I had about a half a gallon of gas left when I got to that gas station. I hope to never repeat that!

·
Registered
51 Posts
500 average. 21 mile commute to work. Mostly country roads. Last 5 miles suburban. About 9 traffic lights total. Been averaging it for about a year now. But I am very light on the gas pedal. Accelerate slowly. Average MPG 35.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am getting about 390. I have never run it dry of course, but that is the estimate when I get close to E. I drive about 80% in town, and it is a 5spd also.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm getting about 25mpg in mostly city driving. We go on the highway, also. Range from 22 to 27mpg in the first 6k miles.

·
Registered
196 Posts
WTF am i doing wrong?!?!?! I get about 250-270 a gas tank. But I do 99.9% city driving. I live 2 miles from work, 3 miles from school. The gym is a mile away from me and yoga is 3 miles. All those short trips kill me!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes, the short trips will kill your gas mileage. The engine never gets up to full operating temperature.

·
Registered
481 Posts
"Usually 400-450 on for highway commuting with some around town driving. I usually run it until it has 1 bar left on the gauge." Same for me @7K miles. Fuelly says 30.2-31.1; 80/20 hiway/city.

·
Registered
439 Posts
WTF am i doing wrong?!?!?! I get about 250-270 a gas tank. But I do 99.9% city driving. I live 2 miles from work, 3 miles from school. The gym is a mile away from me and yoga is 3 miles. All those short trips kill me!!!
That sounds about right.

If I had those miles I would be riding my bike.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If you want better mileage, you need a different vehicle. Short trips that don't allow the motor to fully warm up kill mileage. Still, 250 a tank for short trips is pretty good. For better: Go electric, go scooter, or best get a bike!

·
Registered
245 Posts
360 today on my fill up. Question for you. How many miles pass the gas light comes on do you get?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts