Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
631 Posts
Have your installer meter it.

I believe my installer said it was around the 26-30% area when he metered it, IIRC.

Reactions: jamesbob

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
631 Posts
Keep in mind it's privacy glass, if you want actual UV protection you probably want to add a light tint to the rears.
I'm actually considering doing that to mine. I will be having my fronts done in 33% Autobahn CERAMIC i3. I may have the rears done in a light one in order to gain UV protection as well as solar energy rejection.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm actually considering doing that to mine. I will be having my fronts done in 33% Autobahn CERAMIC i3. I may have the rears done in a light one in order to gain UV protection as well as solar energy rejection.
Yeah I'm running ceramic all around as well. my installer put a 35% up front and I believe either a 55% or "75% clear" on the rears and they match pretty closely.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
631 Posts
Got back not too long ago from the guy's place who's going to be tinting my windows. He metered the factory tint and then put a sample piece of 22% Autobahn i3 Ceramic on the front and then the same i3 ceramic but in 56% on the rear. The front then metered out at 20% and the rear 16% with the film in place on both windows. Good enough for me.

I went back and forth and finally decided on 22% front and 56% for the rest.

Reactions: jamesbob
1 - 10 of 10 Posts