Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, 2021 Limited, and my TPMS on the dash always shows the tire pressures -3 psi of what they actually are. I've checked the pressures with 4 different gauges, including an accutire digital that does .5 lb measurements.

I am wondering if the cars pressure readings can be adjusted or reset (by me) to make them more accurate?

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
200 Posts
I am unaware of any way for an owner to adjust the TPMS accuracy.
My 2020 Limited reads exactly the same as my dial gauge.
The car needs to be driven for a few minutes at 20MPH or faster for the TPMS to update according to page 11-21 of the owners manual.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think mine might just be inaccurate in that regard. Not a big deal, but I am not going to over inflate the tires to make the TPMS tire pressures read correctly. I wasn't sure how accurate the Subaru system is, and all my gauges read within a lb of each other. I'll mention it to the dealer when I take it in for it's first service.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Our jeeps are off by like 10psi. Go by the hand guage for psi.

The read outs are good to compare tires though so if one is way different then you know you have a problem.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
31 Posts
I've found TPMS very usefull if your tire is going flat. I don't use it to accurately monitor tire pressure. Do that with a good tire presure gauge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2021 Sport also has this feature.

While I agree with SuperRu's points about alerting you to rapid depressurization, and there's no replacement for checking them manually... the readout is (so far) within +/-1 of the handheld gauge I've used for years.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited Crystal White Pearl
45 Posts
My 2021 is within 1lb of what my hand held measurement is. My 2019 wasn't this close and the driver front was off by approx. 3lbs. There should be some way to calibrate them, maybe not by the end user though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. To be clear, my intent was just to find the accuracy - not use it as a pressure gauge. For whatever reason, mine is -3 than actual pressure, but doesn't really matter. I check the pressures weekly with a gauge. I'll ask the dealer next time I go in for service. Perhaps there is an offset, or it's the 6K+ altitude throwing it off a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts