Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this vid in my YT feed and thought others may be interested.
I ordered a set and installed them. No drilling required which was a must and they came in at 38 bucks. I'm very pleased with how they perform right now. Will see how they perform in a year but for 38 dollars I'm not too concerned. The only thing I would recommend is greasing the strut ball sockets and some blue loctite on the bolts for the fender brackets. It really feels nice having the front engine bay clear to work and the prop rod is not removed and still maintained in its location should I ever have to use it in the future.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I put a set of struts on my MY18 but found the hood hinge bolt wasn't long enough to accommodate the hood hinge, the strut bracket and the ditch-light bracket so I ditched the ditch-lights and installed them on a bracket behind the mirror below the A-pillar. My struts are not exactly as these as my strut's lower bracket bolts on more towards the front near the plastic hood bumpers. I like the struts for the same reasons stated: no support bar in the way. These are still holding pressure after a couple of years.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,943 Posts
I looked at them. But couldn't be certain they fit the first gen car.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
485 Posts
I just installed the same ones as the OP mentioned. Work pretty slick. I removed my prop rod and put it up in the garage attic.

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,934 Posts
I ran across this vid in my YT feed and thought others may be interested.
I ordered a set and installed them. No drilling required which was a must and they came in at 38 bucks. I'm very pleased with how they perform right now. Will see how they perform in a year but for 38 dollars I'm not too concerned. The only thing I would recommend is greasing the strut ball sockets and some blue loctite on the bolts for the fender brackets. It really feels nice having the front engine bay clear to work and the prop rod is not removed and still maintained in its location should I ever have to use it in the future.
38 bucks ain't bad. i bought a set of struts recently for my weatherguard boxes on my truck. i only replaced one on each side and wow no more droop! i paid around 20 bucks. my point is you already have the brackets so replacing the struts would be cheaper next time....if there is a next time

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,943 Posts
I did a diy on my 2014 a couple years ago with some struts from Amazon and two l brackets from the local hardware store.
I’ll have to look if I have any photos.
Let me know what parts you bought, if you could. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts