Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to get a couple "auto" oriented gifts for a family member this year. Since this member of our family is slightly height challenged and likes to be warm in the winter...
seat cover
The other was to continue on the sound system improvement project that has been going on(factory Rockford Fosgate Audio upgrade already installed).....
rear speaker upgrade
Since we're headed by a Subaru dealer tomorrow, I'll also pick up a number of quarts of Subaru CVT fluid(and plug seals) to do a trans fluid change. Hoping the weather improves to make this task a tad easier and more palatable.
Hope everyone is having a good Holiday.
regards

·
Super Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,336 Posts
My '18 Crosstrek would like to be added to your giftee list. Willing to send a card, old oil filter, or send you the secret to the final truth on the exact viscosity and oil type for filling the tires, best octane rating for the windshield wipers and correct sized piston return springs for the Crosstrek, in exchange. :p

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My '18 Crosstrek would like to be added to your giftee list. Willing to send a card, old oil filter, or send you the secret to the final truth on the exact viscosity and oil type for filling the tires, best octane rating for the windshield wipers and correct sized piston return springs for the Crosstrek, in exchange. :p
The offer is truly appreciated, but I believe our current 330xi beat you to the punch. It has drained the current "gift" account and is in arrears. ; ) Just before TG, I did an oil service, plugs, air/cabin filters, fuel filter/regulator, washer pump, and headlight washer projector(leaking). Hopefully, tomorrow the weather will allow me to change the drive line fluids(diffs, trans, transfer case,brake fluid) on it. This, being the beginning of pandemic catch-up-maintenance on the cars. ; )
Regards

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don’t buy things for the cars anymore. As I have aged the lure of upgrades and mods has faded. If it’s safety related then maybe…yes. I put it a brake strobe on both the crosstrek and outback this past summer…cost me fifty bucks for the units and did it myself.

Third brake strobe install

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t buy things for the cars anymore. As I have aged the lure of upgrades and mods has faded. If it’s safety related then maybe…yes. I put it a brake strobe on both the crosstrek and outback this past summer…cost me fifty bucks for the units and did it myself.

Third brake strobe install
I take a similar view. The sound upgrade(rear speakers) doesn't meet the "safety" bar, but the standard system in the premium is utterly moribund. Our family member is at a stage, I thought she deserved better. The seat cover raises her up slightly and improve the seating position(better access to brake pedal, visability,etc..). It was a hit back in the day on one of her Audi's. We'll see how this goes. Picked up $130 worth of cvt fluid and gaskets(drain and fill) to service the gearbox. This, I suspect, will vastly improve the shifting and service life of the trans(improving safety and reliability, doesn't get a call/text that the car is acting up).
regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts