Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just curious to know what kind of mileage folks are getting. I usually turn cars over at around 100,000. I’m currently driving my second Crosstrek, a 2018 Premium that I bought March 2020 with 28,000 miles on it and now has 115,000. My work has me on the road Monday - Friday. I was going to order a new one in January but I’ve had zero issues and have everything the way I like it, it would be nice to get another 100,000! Almost all my driving is flat, south Texas highway and I occasionally tow a square drop trailer with a dry weight of 680lbs. Is it unreasonable of me to hope for another 100 out of it?
Thanks Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
2022 Crosstrek Limited
172 Posts
There was a gentleman who went by Wolverine. He used his Crosstrek for evening medical deliveries. All over Kansas. Claimed 800 miles a day. Five thousand miles a week.
Ran for his 2015 over 1,000,000 miles. Couple engines, manual transmissions, lots of axles, many reverse indicators. Did his own repairs. Developed a mileage schedule for many parts that usually last forever. Running 250,000 miles a year is forever.
I had a hard time thinking someone drove 5,000 miles a week for years. But had pictures of some of the repairs needed. And mods to handle rabbits, dogs, and other animals on the road. Original engine lasted around 500,000 miles.
Pictures of this Road Warrior were impressive. Whole thread was very unbelievable.
But if true, shows these first generation cars are very reliable and tough.
Wolverine rode off into the sunset. Stopped posting.

· Registered
931 Posts
Now, people will list low mileage cars and say they are incredibly reliable. Yeah, that data is insignificant. Sorry guys. We know it’s reliable but that’s not the best approach.
The family's MY18 might have low mileage, but I wouldn't describe it as reliable(numerous recalls, warranty & non warranty repairs). Having said that, I hope the car is righted, and we could call it "reliable" for the next 20k.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was a gentleman who went by Wolverine. He used his Crosstrek for evening medical deliveries. All over Kansas. Claimed 800 miles a day. Five thousand miles a week.
Ran for his 2015 over 1,000,000 miles. Couple engines, manual transmissions, lots of axles, many reverse indicators. Did his own repairs. Developed a mileage schedule for many parts that usually last forever. Running 250,000 miles a year is forever.
I had a hard time thinking someone drove 5,000 miles a week for years. But had pictures of some of the repairs needed. And mods to handle rabbits, dogs, and other animals on the road. Original engine lasted around 500,000 miles.
Pictures of this Road Warrior were impressive. Whole thread was very unbelievable.
Wow!!! 😮

· Registered
47 Posts
When you start replacing engines, is it the same car? I get the body is, but the car is really the engine and transmission or it doesn't go.

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
377 Posts
When you start replacing engines, is it the same car? I get the body is, but the car is really the engine and transmission or it doesn't go.
I have a 26-year-old, stiff-bristle, wooden push broom. It's had 6 new broom heads and 4 new handles but it's still the same reliable broom. ;)

· Registered
85 Posts
I got 135k on my 2015, only done a clutch and oil changes since I got it at 88k. Front wheel bearings too but that was due to an accident and they were in good shape beforehand.

I believe that he ran it over a million miles, especially if he kept a strict maintenance schedule. But 800 miles a day? That’s 10 straight hours of driving at 80 mph. I once went 3200 miles in 5 days and I was crippled for months afterwards :LOL:

· Registered
24 Posts
119,500 miles on my 2019 Limited bought in July of 2019, So far oil changes, air filters, on my third set of wiper blades, tires at 55,000 miles, front and rear brake pads at 105,000 miles (rotors were fine and no vibration while braking), and a battery 3 weeks ago. I would say a very reliable car. Also still no squeaks or rattles even being driven on Michigan pot hole roads

· Registered
2022 Crosstrek Limited
172 Posts
Not sure rules, Google Subaru Crosstrek Wolverine12 to find the thread. On another Site.
If fake they went to a lot of effort to show repairs.
I looked earlier today, original engine ran almost 650,000 miles. Dreaded oil consumption issue.

· Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,440 Posts
If allowed, here is his thread. I followed (still am if he chimes in again) for years

1 - 20 of 41 Posts