Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm a brand new XVer, and a fairly new Subaru-er! I bought a 2016 Crosstrek Hybrid about 18 months ago, then moved to Long Beach right before the pandemic for a new job, and just as my wife and I started getting settled, my job took a terrible turn and the world completely shut down!

Thankfully, I've been getting the job better under control (it was a bait-and-switch, and 180 degrees from what I was expecting), and COVID restrictions are starting to relax, which means we're starting to come back to life. We just finished an easy camping trip in Joshua Tree, and we're planning another one focused more on our AWD capability.

Anyway, thanks for the great info (already read a lot on rims, tires, lifts, skid plates, etc...) and I'm excited to see some dirt in the future! If you're near LB, LA, or OC, hit me up, and let's go camping some time!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,657 Posts
Welcome from Santa Monica!

We love Joshua Tree. Did you do the Geology Trail?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're gonna do that the weekend of 4/30 for my birthday! Is it good? Stock tires and suspension should be fine, right?

We'll camp in BLM Thursday night, hopefully find a First-Come-First-Serve site Friday morning. Things we're considering are:
  • Desert Queen Mine Loop with detour to Eagle Cliff Mine
  • Geology Tour Road
  • Lost Palm Oasis
Any good tips?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,657 Posts
Looks like you've got it handled! The Geology Tour is super easy and was no problem for our totally stock Crosstrek. It says 4x4 only but maybe that's when it has been raining and is muddy. There were a couple of washed out areas where we had to navigate around rocks sticking up but that's all.

The wild flowers this time of year at Anza-Borrego are great but this year is not a superbloom so I'm not sure what you could expect. I took this a couple of years ago:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts